Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Just buying a 2015 Q50S Hybrid from the dealer in North Van. Does anyone have any experience or recommendations about extended warranties?
I bought mine from OpenRoad. Basically if you buy their extended warranty (cost me about 2.5k for extended until 2023) and if you don't use any of it after the standard warranty period ends, you receive 2k back, which was probably the only reason I bought it. I don't know if the dealership you're buying it from does that, but up to you for a peace of mind if you plan on keeping for a while and you can always negotiate with them to work in a deal.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I bought mine from OpenRoad. Basically if you buy their extended warranty (cost me about 2.5k for extended until 2023) and if you don't use any of it after the standard warranty period ends, you receive 2k back, which was probably the only reason I bought it. I don't know if the dealership you're buying it from does that, but up to you for a peace of mind if you plan on keeping for a while and you can always negotiate with them to work in a deal.

Thanks. It sounds like you're only paying net $500 for an insurance policy if nothing goes wrong, and protecting yourself if something does go wrong.

The deal I was offered was about $3400 for 7 years / 140,000 km or about $3200 for 7 years / 120,000 km, starting now, with $50 deductible. Since most of this period is already covered by the standard warranty, it seems like it would only make sense if I expected to spend a fair amount of $ on repairs in years 4 - 7. Nothing back at the end if the warranty wasn't needed although they were throwing oil changes and tire rotations into the deal. I passed on it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
iS yours all blacked out? I was parked there while away on vacation about the time that you posted this question. Came back to find a twin parked beside me. Car looks clean man.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Repair Shops?

Hi all.

I just picked up a new Q50 Hybrid yesterday. I'm in North Delta.

I'm curious if anyone knows of any repair shops in the GVA that specialize or accept Infinitis? Dealership repairs are always expensive and there are often good alternatives. I used to take my BMW to Nixon Automotive, my VW to Shift Autosport, and still take my Mercedes to Norwescan Motors (all in Burnaby). They're all excellent... hoping to find the same for my Infiniti. Any recommendations would be great.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Now that the weather is starting to turn, is anyone interested in having a meet up before the rain really starts kicking in?
Just uninsured mine :crying:

21 - 34 of 34 Posts