Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Iridium Blue Q60 3.0T
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My names Ovie i have a 17 3.0T Q60, i joined to see everyones build and hopefully get some tips and tricks about the car! first step is an exhaust the thing sounds way too quiet as i previously came from an S3

·
Registered
2014 3.7, 14 Hybrid S, 17 Silver sport, 17 Red Sport, now 18 Signature.
2,089 Posts
Welcome fellow Canucky, soon we will have enough Canadians, to have a game. Enjoy the ride here.

Reactions: ovie

·
Premium Member
SW New Hampshire
4,883 Posts
I think the Q60 is one of the best looking cars in it's class. 👍

Check out @IridiumRS400 His build is spot on. Unfortunately my Q50 had a bad cylinder from day one. I can't claim it as a warranty claim because I modified it. It took a long time to manifest symptoms. Looking at my oil analysis the "Fuel in Oil" has been an issue all along. Infiniti wants nothing to do with it now even with this data. You play you pay.

Hopefully I get it repaired before winter!

Reactions: ovie and rpiotro

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
13,643 Posts
I think the Q60 is one of the best looking cars in it's class. 👍

Check out @IridiumRS400 His build is spot on. Unfortunately my Q50 had a bad cylinder from day one. I can't claim it as a warranty claim because I modified it. It took a long time to manifest symptoms. Looking at my oil analysis the "Fuel in Oil" has been an issue all along. Infiniti wants nothing to do with it now even with this data. You play you pay.

Hopefully I get it repaired before winter!
Was that the #5 cylinder issue you mentioned previously?

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
6,929 Posts
Another Iridium in the shade. 😔

·
Premium Member
SW New Hampshire
4,883 Posts
Was that the #5 cylinder issue you mentioned previously?
#4 I believe. Once it's apart we will know for sure. My bet a wrist pin retaining circle clip popped out and was scraping the cylinder wall. Just a wild guess.

·
Registered
495 Posts
#4 I believe. Once it's apart we will know for sure. My bet a wrist pin retaining circle clip popped out and was scraping the cylinder wall. Just a wild guess.
:unsure: That’s awfully specific to be a wild guess.

·
Registered
Gulfport, Mississippi
123 Posts
Reactions: ptatohed

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Does anyone have an exhaust recommendation? currently, everything is OEM I want to get some more aggressive notes! i used to drive a subaru wrx so I definitely miss that sound

·
Registered
2014 3.7, 14 Hybrid S, 17 Silver sport, 17 Red Sport, now 18 Signature.
2,089 Posts
That first picture, was it in the CNE ground, you are probably downtown.. Dom.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Does anyone have an exhaust recommendation? currently, everything is OEM I want to get some more aggressive notes! i used to drive a subaru wrx so I definitely miss that sound
APEXi has the best note, but for the Q60, you can only get their universal mufflers. Fast Intentions would be my second choice for sound, and they offer a full cat back for the 60. Third would be Ark. youtube those companies and tons of sound clips will come up. Happy hunting.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Do you know if there's a certain APEXi i haven't found a link for sound clips

·
Registered
495 Posts
They’re hard to come by on the VR30 because the cat back for the Q50 is twice the price of the competition. But to give you an idea, here’s a 350Z with an APEXi system VS stock. The first half is the stock exhaust.

here’s their current product, the N1, on a Lexus IS300

1 - 19 of 19 Posts