Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Q50 Redsport 400 RWD
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
No one has an adequate direct comparison of this intake to anything probably, let alone AMS. Who is going to buy multiple intakes, installs, and dynos to compare, besides maybe a shop, vendor, or magazine?

But no way they get you 15hp anywhere on the power curve over stock, let alone over AMS. Who or where was it claimed to?

If an intake can add an AVG 5WHP across powerband and reduce IATs even 1F AVG over stock I would say it is a successful intake. And that is honestly probably the most you can expect from any of them, and a high flow drop in filter will probably get you 70% of the potential gains.

The CZP video leaves a lot to be desired, like showing actual dyno graphs and/or at least AVG gain over stock across the entire powerband, not just peak numbers. The methods used for testing weren't ideal IMO either and they didn't have the AMS in the test.

You can always get a rain sock or rain guard for the air filters.
I could be wrong but I believe Turbo P did the post stating 15whp gain peak. I am looking for hard data though and nobody has any.

That's exactly what I was asking...........If someone has compared them.

·
Registered
2017 infiniti Q50 AWD
1,154 Posts
I could be wrong but I believe Turbo P did the post stating 15whp gain peak. I am looking for hard data though and nobody has any.

That's exactly what I was asking...........If someone has compared them.
Who is Turbo P? Why not ask him to back up his claims?
Does he also think a TB spacer and muffler delete adds 30hp and with a few stickers, decals, and a big wing he’s pulling on GTRs?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Who is Turbo P? Why not ask him to back up his claims?
Does he also think a TB spacer and muffler delete adds 30hp and with a few stickers, decals, and a big wing he’s pulling on GTRs?
He said he has not dynoed. As stated literally in your quote nobody has any hard data I have found.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Also moving forward, no more regurgitated information. PLEASE only provide information relating to the OP questions, I would have asked other questions if I was looking for other answers.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts