Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
From the FSM: Driveline DLN-51

DESIGN/PURPOSE
AWD warning is displayed when the AWD system has a malfunction. AWD warning indicates that the vehicle is in fail-safe mode or protection function mode.

AWD Error
See Owner’s Manual

AWD system malfunction.

AWD High Temp.
Stop vehicle
Protection function is activated due to heavy load to
electric controlled coupling. (AWD system is not
malfunctioning and AWD system changes to rear

wheel drive.)

Tire Size Incorrect
See Owner’s Manual

Large difference in diameter of front/rear tires

AWD HIGH TEMP IS DISPLAYED ON INFORMATION DISPLAY

Description
INFOID:0000000009643581

While driving, AWD warning (AWD High Temp. Stop vehicle) is displayed on information display (combination meter).

NOTE:
• This symptom protects drivetrain parts when a heavy load is applied to the electric controlled coupling and multiple disc clutch temperature increases. Also, optional distribution of torque sometimes becomes rigid before lamp blinks quickly. Both cases are not malfunction. Refer to

DLN-22, "Protection Function".

• When this symptom occurs, stop vehicle and allow it to idle for some times. Blinking will stop and system will be restored.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Did you stop and have it towed?
The car was running fine, and I wasn't that far from my house, so I just drove it home. I drove it later on in the day, and that sign showed up once I started up the car, and went away a few seconds later, and after I was coming back to my house, the sign came up again, and I contact my dealership and they said its an unusual problem, and since its a new car, they asked me to drive it again tomorrow, if the sign comes up again, call the Infiniti Roadside assistance and they'll tow it and have it check out

·
Registered
432 Posts
The car was running fine, and I wasn't that far from my house, so I just drove it home. I drove it later on in the day, and that sign showed up once I started up the car, and went away a few seconds later, and after I was coming back to my house, the sign came up again, and I contact my dealership and they said its an unusual problem, and since its a new car, they asked me to drive it again tomorrow, if the sign comes up again, call the Infiniti Roadside assistance and they'll tow it and have it check out
WOW. I would think since it's an unusual fault, they would want to see it right away. If I were you I wouldn't take their advice, I would take it in and have the check it out ASAP. You could be doing more damage as might get to a point that something might seize. I doubt that will happen but that would certainly make me uncomfortable. Being you're in Canada you better get it taken car of before the winter weather hits. :D

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm assuming that after starting up the car in the morning when it's a bit cooler, the sign may not reappear. If it does, I'll take it to the dealership in the morning

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dealers said that there's nothing wrong, car runs fine, the light thing was trouble shooting or something. And if it comes again, they told me to bring it in again and they will diagnose the problem if there is actually any mechanical issues involved since the first read they did didn't show up anything

·
Registered
2014 Q50 S Hybrid AWD fully loaded
40 Posts
I have an appointment for this Friday and will indeed provide follow up and feedback. I had two of the first gen run flat tires that has to be replaced due to them be recalled for issues with performance so I guess this is related to that somehow!?

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
Got this message today too. I just recently had both front tires replaced - hmmmmmmm?!
If the rears are sufficiently worn and there is a large difference in the loaded radius front to rear that would result in different rotational speeds. That *might* be the cause of the issue.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.