Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone who currently owns a G37 sedan or coupe do you find the leather to be subpar on the steering wheel? Based on the pictures of the Q50 steering wheel looks like Infiniti is finally giving us a higher quality leather on the steering wheel. This is one of my biggest pet peeves on my G's...

·
Registered
67 Posts
I don't know about the difference in leather quality. But I do see a difference between the G37 steering wheel and Q50s overall. The Q50 has more button controls and the G37 face is flatter. Based on the pictures I actually prefer the look of last years model better.

2013 G37 Sedan interior

2014 Q50 Interior

·
Premium Member
741 Posts
Yeah, if I could find one flaw with the interior it's the steering wheel. Doesn't look all that sporty and I don't like the area where the bottom of the center cover meets the bottom spoke... looks kinda unfinished.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
I thought blacking out the silver part of the lower spoke of the steering wheel would make it look better but apparently not! :(

I think the horn is too fat but as long as it feels nice to handle then im good with it! :D

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
I thought blacking out the silver part of the lower spoke of the steering wheel would make it look better but apparently not! :(

I think the horn is too fat but as long as it feels nice to handle then im good with it! :D

now that i see it blacked out, it seems as if something is missing, having the silver insert really helps but at the same time stands out a bit too much.

blacking out everything silver on the infiniti q50 steering wheel is the way to go.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
now that i see it blacked out, it seems as if something is missing, having the silver insert really helps but at the same time stands out a bit too much.

blacking out everything silver on the infiniti q50 steering wheel is the way to go.
Ya but itll be hard to pull off since u wouldnt want any paint on the leather and especially on the controls which could short something out or make the controls feel awkward after some paint gets into the small creases/cracks!

But chubby = more cushion for the pushing:cool: lmao
I know all of us here love cars but this is a whole new level! :p

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
But it seems to have gained on the wrong areas! :D
That's whàt she said:eek: lol it doesn't seem to have the two grips at 10 and 2 le on the g either maybe I should have just gotten my g steering wheel wrapped with some better leather :(

·
Registered
67 Posts
I don't know about the difference in leather quality. But I do see a difference between the G37 steering wheel and Q50s overall. The Q50 has more button controls and the G37 face is flatter. Based on the pictures I actually prefer the look of last years model better.

2013 G37 Sedan interior

2014 Q50 Interior
Well the new Q50 infiniti steering wheel does look rather fat and round. everything on it looks beefed up and much more round than the previous generation. I like the older steering wheel design better. the older one looks to be more low profile and flat compared to the new one.

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
I like that the Q50's steering wheel is "chunky", the size of the wheel probably won't be a problem for me as I am used to driving bigger luxury vehicles with big wheels. Try driving a Lexus LS, steering wheels on those are big!

The Q50 steering wheel is the perfect mix of a true luxury car steering wheel with some sportiness to it.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
No, the grips are still there--I can see them.
I zoomed in you are right they are still there but definitely not as pronounced as in the G...

The way I look at is the new Q50 steering wheel has a bit more cushion for the pushin. Maybe this is the solution to suffice the comfort factor for steering.
Lol the cushion for he pushin .... That's what I said see previous post lol

Thicker is good more to hold on to but man do I want Somme higher quality leather the leather is really Nast on the G steering wheel it just doesn't feel natural feels almost like hard plastic ....

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.