Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

241 - 260 of 284 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Did the driver side hks ldp this morning, took me 4-5hrs on one side lol and im exhausted as hell, the most difficult part for me was swapping o2 sensor , and since hks doesnt use studs thats connects to upper dp , just traditional nut & bolt, so finding ways to tighten both end was very challenging by myself, imma rest for a full week before doing passenger side. happy july4th everyone dont get too drunk:sleep:
That sounds terrible. Just be thankful you dont have AWD when you are doing the passenger side. I still dont know how I disconnected the O2 sens pig tail. I got lucky that the connector on the engine harness popped off its clip assembly allowing me to reach and disconnect it. When I put the LDP back on I had to use two rods to reseat the O2 sens connector back on its clip.

Reactions: Aiexbadboy

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
4,881 Posts
Seems like most people unclip the O2 sensor from the car. I didn't do that. I took the sensor out of the LDP and just let it hang. Swapped LDPs, screwed the sensors into the new LDP. Seems easier to me though you do need to twist the sensor like 10 times CCW so you can screw it in and not have twisted wires.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Seems like most people unclip the O2 sensor from the car. I didn't do that. I took the sensor out of the LDP and just let it hang. Swapped LDPs, screwed the sensors into the new LDP. Seems easier to me though you do need to twist the sensor like 10 times CCW so you can screw it in and not have twisted wires.
Unfortunately living in the rust belt, this was not an option for me. I had to put the secondary cats in my vise and crank away even lifted the whole work bench at times trying to pop it free. PB blaster wasnt even helping. Im just happy the whole ordeal is over with, but definitely burned me out on car projects for a few months haha.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Read through the entire thread and have a question regarding passenger side, according from the hks manual , the top flange where it connects to udp lower flange uses ring gasket, pic shown with only two bolts and not three? No leaks ? And why does it use different type of gasket? Id be happy if i only need to deal with two lol

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
@ptatohed - what are your thoughts on putting a gasket maker as an added layer of seal?

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
@ptatohed - what are your thoughts on putting a gasket maker as an added layer of seal?
Not Tater, but IMHO I always use Permatex Ultra Copper RTV even with the gaskets.

Reactions: q50adix

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Not Tater, but IMHO I always use Permatex Ultra Copper RTV even with the gaskets.
Thanks. I have that same exact RTV already but you know I won't use it if I don't really have to. I guess you can say I'm just feeling a bit lazy lol

Reactions: u1arunit

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
10,459 Posts
I didn't install mine but I did have the tech use RTV on both sides.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Read through the entire thread and have a question regarding passenger side, according from the hks manual , the top flange where it connects to udp lower flange uses ring gasket, pic shown with only two bolts and not three? No leaks ? And why does it use different type of gasket? Id be happy if i only need to deal with two lol View attachment 93452
You will need to install all 3 bolts at the upper flange of the passenger-side HKS LDP. I think HKS didn’t show the bolt at that location as to not “muddy up” their diagram. It’s pretty much implied that you should put bolts wherever there are holes in the flanges. And, if you look at the bottom flanges of both HKS LDPs in the diagram, HKS only shows 1 bolt at each of the bottom flanges, which obviously you’re suppose to install 2 bolts at each bottom flange.

I’m not sure why there’s a different type of gasket (ring gasket) at the LDP upper flange.

Reactions: Aiexbadboy

·
Super Moderator
4,881 Posts
Read through the entire thread and have a question regarding passenger side, according from the hks manual , the top flange where it connects to udp lower flange uses ring gasket, pic shown with only two bolts and not three? No leaks ? And why does it use different type of gasket? Id be happy if i only need to deal with two lol View attachment 93452
Aiex, we all had the same question, lol. Just use what HKS gives you and you'll be fine.

q, I saw the recommendation for RTV gasket maker (on YT) and bought the RTV too late but I wish I had done it. I would recommend it.

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
q, I saw the recommendation for RTV gasket maker (on YT) and bought the RTV too late but I wish I had done it. I would recommend it.
Good to know!

·
Registered
2018 Q50S [RWD]
48 Posts
I suggest anyone trying this on their own to use this type of O2 sensor socket

·
Registered
2018 Q50S [RWD]
48 Posts
This other type sucks major goat balls... seems like the opening being wider when you apply torque it flexes and ends up making the side opening for the cable big enough for you to strip the O2 sensor nut. Trust me, save yourself the headache and don't buy this crap.

Reactions: ptatohed

·
Super Moderator
4,881 Posts
Now you guys have me wondering! I can't remember which type of O2 sensor socket I used! I have them both, lol

Reactions: Geraldomi

·
Registered
37 Posts
Did passenger side today and was successful, took me about 4hr, i was not able to torque one of the nut/bolt on the right side of ldp upper flange, but was tight enough and thankfully no leak after i start the vehicle.

my suggestion for people who do the swap on passenger side, dont worry about unplug o2 sensor at beginning, just unbolt everything first, wiggle ldp out then you’ll have lots of room to reach and unplug.

driver side

passenger side

Oem passenger ldp also used some kind of crushed ring gasket

Good luck ya’ll

·
Registered
822 Posts
Not me.

·
Super Moderator
4,881 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,881 Posts
LDP nut loosened from time to another and needed to be tied then it will lose again
I see. I can't say I check mine regularly but I have confidence they are torqued on there to stay. It sounds like maybe you aren't using a lock washer? In addition to the flat washer, make sure you have a lock washer on there too.

Reactions: Alqahtani
241 - 260 of 284 Posts