Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

101 - 114 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Thanks Ave. Would be interesting to know stock as well. Glad you're pleased with the HKSs.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had the MR LDPs with stock exhaust for about 6 months. Absolutely no change in sound. Didn't quite feel a noticeable difference on the butt dyno though like I do with LDPs + catback.
Good to hear, yeah while I would like to install a FI CBE I just do not have the funds to spend on that right now. I was also contemplating installing a Y-Pipe, you think this would be worth it? Not sure if the mid pipe is just as restrictive.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Good to hear, yeah while I would like to install a FI CBE I just do not have the funds to spend on that right now. I was also contemplating installing a Y-Pipe, you think this would be worth it? Not sure if the mid pipe is just as restrictive.
My opinion is all CB or nothing. Some may be higher quality than others and the sounds will be different but I think any aftermarket CB will give you about the same power increase.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My opinion is all CB or nothing. Some may be higher quality than others and the sounds will be different but I think any aftermarket CB will give you about the same power increase.
So are you saying that just replacing the LDP's will not improve throttle response/power unless I also have a CBE?

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
So are you saying that just replacing the LDP's will not improve throttle response/power unless I also have a CBE?
I think replacing the LDPs can be beneficial. I was referring more to the CB itself. I wouldn't do pieces of a CB, I'd recommend all or nothing. I don't know the measured gains of doing only LDPs but that's how I ran for about 6 months.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think replacing the LDPs can be beneficial. I was referring more to the CB itself. I wouldn't do pieces of a CB, I'd recommend all or nothing. I don't know the measured gains of doing only LDPs but that's how I ran for about 6 months.
Okay, yeah I was referring to the Y-pipe because I though that the diameter of the Y-pipe was the same as the LDP's.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Sup InfinitiQ50.org! I’ve been inactive for a while. Hope everyone is doing well. My RS is at 68k miles strong and it looks like I may end up buying the car out at lease end, since I’ll be way over mileage lol. Since my car will be passing the powertrain warranty mileage soon, the mod bug has hit me again.

So far though, these get the Avedis seal of approval.
Thanks Avedis. Your seal of approval has influenced my recent purchase lol. I ordered the HKS LDPs from ConceptZ the other day. They should be here tomorrow. Hopefully I’ll get them, and the AMS Intakes that I ordered too, installed tomorrow evening.

Are you looking for a how-to for the LDP? AMS and Fast Intentions have published DIY's that are pretty in-depth on their website.I was going to do one until I saw how comprehensive their instructions were.
After reading their install instructions, I was hesitant on performing the install myself too. But, after watching the install instructions that ConceptZ provided for the AMS LDPs, it doesn’t seem that bad. See video below.

·
Registered
997 Posts
After reading their install instructions, I was hesitant on performing the install myself too. But, after watching the install instructions that ConceptZ provided for the AMS LDPs, it doesn’t seem that bad. See video below.
I installed the FI LDPs & CBE with the help of my buddy's 4-post Bendpak lift. The biggest challenge is removing the studs/nuts from the stock secondary cats to the exhaust/turbo manifold. When I went to loosen the nut (one on each side from the top), the exhaust stud/nut is angled towards the firewall, and I almost rounded-off the driver's side nut. After I loosened it, it took several turns to remove. I thought initially that it was stripped, but what actually happened was the nut AND stud came out together. This occurred on both sides.

In addition, it was a challenge to remove the pigtail connector of the rear O2 sensor from the mating harness (passenger side), as the transmission intrudes on the space to get a hand on the release tab.

Otherwise, it was a fairly straight-forward install.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I installed the FI LDPs & CBE with the help of my buddy's 4-post Bendpak lift. The biggest challenge is removing the studs/nuts from the stock secondary cats to the exhaust/turbo manifold. When I went to loosen the nut (one on each side from the top), the exhaust stud/nut is angled towards the firewall, and I almost rounded-off the driver's side nut. After I loosened it, it took several turns to remove. I thought initially that it was stripped, but what actually happened was the nut AND stud came out together. This occurred on both sides.

In addition, it was a challenge to remove the pigtail connector of the rear O2 sensor from the mating harness (passenger side), as the transmission intrudes on the space to get a hand on the release tab.

Otherwise, it was a fairly straight-forward install.
Thanks for the heads up! I believe I’m prepared enough...

Luckily I have a RWD model, so space to unclip the passenger side’s oxygen sensor shouldn’t be too tough... hopefully.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Thanks for the heads up! I believe I’m prepared enough...
View attachment 90296

Luckily I have a RWD model, so space to unclip the passenger side’s oxygen sensor shouldn’t be too tough... hopefully.
That should do it! lol. Good job. And like Iridium said, be prepared to take some entire studs, not just nuts.

·
Registered
5,735 Posts
Sup InfinitiQ50.org! I’ve been inactive for a while. Hope everyone is doing well. My RS is at 68k miles strong and it looks like I may end up buying the car out at lease end, since I’ll be way over mileage lol. Since my car will be passing the powertrain warranty mileage soon, the mod bug has hit me again.

Thanks Avedis. Your seal of approval has influenced my recent purchase lol. I ordered the HKS LDPs from ConceptZ the other day. They should be here tomorrow. Hopefully I’ll get them, and the AMS Intakes that I ordered too, installed tomorrow evening.

I hope the HKS LDPs meet your expectations. You will hear the difference at WOT and my butt dyno says more low-end torque than just the JB4 and CBE alone. I didn't have any problems with the installation as I had it done at a shop here. LOL! I did ask if the mechanic had any problems breaking the upper bolts free and the manager said that they came apart with no issues. FWIW.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey All. New to this forum. I just had the HKS LDPs installed with an existing REV9 Cat. Around 2k rpms I get this passenger side floor board knocking and sometimes when I turn a corner left or right too. Any thoughts? Theres no way that it's like the crackles and pops within the resonators right?

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Hey All. New to this forum. I just had the HKS LDPs installed with an existing REV9 Cat. Around 2k rpms I get this passenger side floor board knocking and sometimes when I turn a corner left or right too. Any thoughts? Theres no way that it's like the crackles and pops within the resonators right?
Could it be the cross brace over the exhaust tunnel? I don't know why the knocking would start now only after the LDP install but just ruling everything out.

·
Registered
5,735 Posts
Sounds like something is loose or hitting the cross brace. Get it up on a rack and have it checked out.

101 - 114 of 114 Posts