Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

· Registered
2022 Q50 Luxe AWD
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What's going on fellow VR30DDTT peeps? After years of lurking and studying the VR30DDTT and VR38DETT I finally did it!!! I pulled the trigger on a brand new 2022 Q50 Silver Sport 300 AWD. Right-o then, why waste time eh? Please help me F🤩🤩🤩 my warranty LOL. First up, of course, an ADD W1 v3.3 catchcan and hopefully soon AMS intakes and I'll start off easy with most likely the AMS Quick Flash. Future plans include most of the stuff from the RA600 package minus E-blend support as I don't plan on anything but 93. Anyway just figured I'd say hello and hopefully I'm in for years of cool advice here from you folks or maybe you can suggest some crazy 💩 for me to try and videolog. Or maybe people will want to meet up and grab a beer and chat about these engines. I'm already impressed with the stock "300" hp model. (there's no way its only 300, lol)

· Premium Member
Jacksonville, FL
421 Posts
No more RedBull for you… Welcome!

· Registered
2021 Q50 RedSport, ARK Cat-Back. HKS BOV, AMS LDP, Mishimoto Catch Can
860 Posts
Scratch the Intakes, no help, start in the back and make your way forward, CBE + LDP's + JB4 + Heat Exchanger = Beast. Enjoy the new ride

· Administrator
Newport, Oregon
18,328 Posts
If you have the Dumbflop A/S runflats, those should be the first thing to get rid of. Power, suspension, or braking mods won't mean much if your car has these POS tires.

· Registered
2018 Infiniti Q50 Luxe | Obsidian Black
270 Posts
Scratch the Intakes, no help, start in the back and make your way forward, CBE + LDP's + JB4 + Heat Exchanger = Beast. Enjoy the new ride
How much power would that set up make? On map 2 with 91 fuel.

Also OP don't forget to change the tires, dunflops suck.

· Registered
2022 Q50 Luxe AWD
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, it's good to be part of the community finally. I do plan on doing the intercooler soonishly. Is there any benefit to JB4 over the AMS/Ecutek BT tunes? There seems to be some heresay about the JB4s that they can cause issues? Is that accurate? Also is there a benefit to doing CBS and turbo back mods first as you suggest? I was thinking of getting cooling and reliability stuff squared away first before the perf stuff. What's the thinking on that?

· Registered
2022 Q50 Luxe AWD
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you have the Dumbflop A/S runflats, those should be the first thing to get rid of. Power, suspension, or braking mods won't mean much if your car has these POS tires.
Ahhh I was wondering that....they assured me at the stealership that these would be fantastic given the lack of a spare but I had doubts. They're a bit disappointing coming from the CrossClimate 3s on my old Accord. Duly noted then, any suggestions for tires? I want this thing quick and nimble but it does also need to be able to deal with the Northeast winters reliably.

· Registered
3,000 Posts
Welcome! Post pics of the new beast when you can!

for tires and your area, Continental DWS06+ or Michelin pilot sport a/s 4 are the most recommended tires. You get a tiny bit more performance from the Michelins and a tiny bit more mileage and cost saving from the Continentals. Don’t forget to get an alignment the day you change the tires!!!!

after that, if you’re happy with the current performance, by all means focus on cooling and longevity. Otherwise, cat-back, lower down pipes, pedal commander, JB4, then heat exchanger.

· Premium Member
Allen, Texas
1,024 Posts
1) Tries - Continental DWS 06+
2) Lower Downpipes
3) JB4 - fuel and EWG wires

Stop take a moment - evaluate how much more power you want and if your bank account can handle. If you want to / can proceed…

4) CBE
5) Heat Exchanger

Stop take a moment - evaluate how much more power you want and if your bank account can handle. If you want to / can proceed…

6) WMI Kit assumes you only have 93 pump fuel available to you - this will help get more effective octane and allow for a bit more boost out of the stock turbos

7) Custom Tune - EcuTek or HPTuners (assuming you are willing to put in the time and effort)

8) Upgraded Turbos
9) Tune Revision

Stop take a moment - evaluate how much more power you want and your if bank account can handle. If you want to / can proceed…

10) Seek professional help! You have crossed into the ludicrous investment zone for a VR30 car!! (Which some of have already crossed into and can’t believe how we got here…😂)

11) Built engine
12 Tune Revision

· Registered
2017 infiniti Q50 AWD
1,922 Posts
1) Tries - Continental DWS 06+
2) Lower Downpipes
3) JB4 - fuel and EWG wires

4) CBE
5) Heat Exchanger

6) WMI Kit assumes you only have 93 pump fuel available to you - this will help get more effective octane and allow for a bit more boost out of the stock turbos
Swap 2 and 3, 4 and 5.
ignore advice after step 5. YOLO! The value of the dollar is going to crap, buy assets and what better asset then car mods! lol.

· Premium Member
2018 Q50 RS AWD. Black on Black on Black
252 Posts
What's going on fellow VR30DDTT peeps? After years of lurking and studying the VR30DDTT and VR38DETT I finally did it!!! I pulled the trigger on a brand new 2022 Q50 Silver Sport 300 AWD. Right-o then, why waste time eh? Please help me F🤩🤩🤩 my warranty LOL. First up, of course, an ADD W1 v3.3 catchcan and hopefully soon AMS intakes and I'll start off easy with most likely the AMS Quick Flash. Future plans include most of the stuff from the RA600 package minus E-blend support as I don't plan on anything but 93. Anyway just figured I'd say hello and hopefully I'm in for years of cool advice here from you folks or maybe you can suggest some crazy 💩 for me to try and videolog. Or maybe people will want to meet up and grab a beer and chat about these engines. I'm already impressed with the stock "300" hp model. (there's no way its only 300, lol)
Where are you located? We're having a get together near Denver soon.

· Registered
2022 Q50 Luxe AWD
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

for tires and your area, Continental DWS06+ or Michelin pilot sport a/s 4 are the most recommended tires. You get a tiny bit more performance from the Michelins and a tiny bit more mileage and cost saving from the Continentals. Don’t forget to get an alignment the day you change the tires!!!!

after that, if you’re happy with the current performance, by all means focus on cooling and longevity. Otherwise, cat-back, lower down pipes, pedal commander, JB4, then heat exchanger.
I was actually just looking at the Pilot Sports the other day. I may wait for sales/deals, but otoh it might make sense to just swap them ASAP and have the runflats as spares. I'll toss a photo up today once I get outside!

· Registered
2022 Q50 Luxe AWD
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

I was actually just looking at the Pilot Sports the other day. I may wait for sales/deals, but otoh it might make sense to just swap them ASAP and have the runflats as spares. I'll toss a photo up today once I get outside!

· Registered
2022 Q50 Luxe AWD
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I know many of the standard mods people do involve cooling the air charge into the engines (intercoolers, expansion tanks, heat exchangers) but is there any need to take the actual engine itself into account (coolant temp, radiator, etc) when modding these? I notice the car runs very hot even at stock, maybe as a consequence of DI/forced induction. When I turn it off on a hot day I can hear it ticking/cooling off unless I leave it idling for a bit first. Opening the hood I get my face melted off...lots different than my Accord lol. I cant imagine squeezing another 150-200 hp out of it will help that.

· Registered
St. Louis, MO
1,705 Posts
Swap 2 and 3, 4 and 5.
ignore advice after step 5. YOLO! The value of the dollar is going to crap, buy assets and what better asset then car mods! lol.
Actually Swap 3 with 1! Slap the JB4 on it 1st then have fun doing burnouts in the tires you are going to trash anyway!
Is there any benefit to JB4 over the AMS/Ecutek BT tunes? There seems to be some heresay about the JB4s that they can cause issues? Is that accurate?
JB4 is run safely and long term by many here. The advantage of JB4 is that you can remove it for dealer visits and it is not tracible. Tune leaves a trail on the ECU, even if you flash back to stock. A custom tune will provide the best performance, but also cost a bit more and can be an excuse for warranty denial.

· Registered
2022 Q50 Luxe AWD
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Actually Swap 3 with 1! Slap the JB4 on it 1st then have fun doing burnouts in the tires you are going to trash anyway!

JB4 is run safely and long term by many here. The advantage of JB4 is that you can remove it for dealer visits and it is not tracible. Tune leaves a trail on the ECU, even if you flash back to stock. A custom tune will provide the best performance, but also cost a bit more and can be an excuse for warranty denial.
Ahh, good to know. I will look into JB4 once I get the cooling stuff squared away. Thanks.

· Administrator
Newport, Oregon
18,328 Posts
Since you have a 2022 Luxe, I'm guessing you have the Bridgestone A/S RFTs (225/50R18) and not the Dumbflops? They're not quite as bad as the Dumbflops, but still poor tires when compared with non-RFTs. Balancing cost and performance, the DWS 06+ is a slightly better choice than the PS A/S 4, but either choice is a massive improvement over the RFTs.

Reactions: [email protected]

· Registered
2022 Q50 Luxe AWD
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'll take some photos in a while when I get a chance. Here are some old ones from when I first got it. I deleted the dealer name stickers and stuff obviously, hehe, and actually completely removed the front plate holder. It looks way better without it. I'll remove the AWD and 3.0t badges later. It also now has a plain black plate holder and cover on the rear.

Tire Vehicle registration plate Wheel Grille Vehicle

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive air manifold Car

1 - 20 of 44 Posts