Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

Registered
2022 Q50 Luxe AWD
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Since you have a 2022 Luxe, I'm guessing you have the Bridgestone A/S RFTs (225/50R18) and not the Dumbflops? They're not quite as bad as the Dumbflops, but still poor tires when compared with non-RFTs. Balancing cost and performance, the DWS 06+ is a slightly better choice than the PS A/S 4, but either choice is a massive improvement over the RFTs.
I'm actually not sure which ones I have. I'll report back once I go outside to snap more photos. I have some exprience with Pilot Sports on previous cars so perhaps I will go that route. I also get the feeling the brakes are a tad underpowered for the car's weight and potential accel/speed. So I may look at updating them in the future.

Registered
2022 Q50 Luxe AWD
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I also want to add that I am not just here to be a leech and suck up info from the forums for my own benefit. I am extremely technical and detail oriented. And therefore data driven. So when I add stuff to the car be it catch cans or new turbos or tunes, I will log any data people want, and graph it or whatever if it helps guide others decisions.

Administrator
Newport, Oregon
I also want to add that I am not just here to be a leech and suck up info from the forums for my own benefit. I am extremely technical and detail oriented. And therefore data driven. So when I add stuff to the car be it catch cans or new turbos or tunes, I will log any data people want, and graph it or whatever if it helps guide others decisions.
Just follow this and you'll do fine.

Registered
2022 Q50 Luxe AWD
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Just follow this and you'll do fine.

Will do, I'm working my way through it now.

Registered
St. Louis, MO
What happened to your engine cover? Was it missing or did you ditch it?

Registered
2022 Q50 Luxe AWD
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Here are a few more pics. I'm guessing most people have seen plenty of photos of these cars before, but let me know if there is something specific you want to see, such as the location of some part, or a part number, or something. I know people were worried about the oil dipstick a while back, etc.

Wheel Tire Plant Car Vehicle

Car Land vehicle Wheel Tire Vehicle

Material property Font Audio equipment Wood Electric blue

Car Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle Tire

Attachments

Registered
2022 Q50 Luxe AWD
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
The picture posting widget is a disaster, I've tried repeatedly to just post 7 photos but it doesn't work correctly. Some show up multiple times, some don't show up at all, sometimes it posts a pic and the thumbnail after it as a second photo, now it says I hit a 10 attachment limit even though there's only 7 photos. I'm not even going to try to redo it, so whatever made it, that's what's there, lol.

Registered
Looks good! I personally would just black out the 3.0t and AWD badging, but to each his own.

Registered
2022 Q50 Luxe AWD
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Looks good! I personally would just black out the 3.0t and AWD badging, but to each his own.
So I went back and forth about whether or not I should black it out and/or do the lit up Infinissan logo on the front grille. But then I kinda settled into, if it's gonna be a sleeper, I should change as little as possible. I feel like debadging it might give it away, so to speak. So, I may just be subtle and simply leave the Infiniti logo on the back. I dunno, we shall see.... :)

Registered
So I went back and forth about whether or not I should black it out and/or do the lit up Infinissan logo on the front grille. But then I kinda settled into, if it's gonna be a sleeper, I should change as little as possible. I feel like debadging it might give it away, so to speak. So, I may just be subtle and simply leave the Infiniti logo on the back. I dunno, we shall see.... :)
I will be keeping my AWD badging and downgrading to 2.0t emblems when I get a flash tune with E30. Then once I have had my fun I'll pull the trigger on wheels and cosmetics.

Registered
2022 Q50 Luxe AWD
Discussion Starter · #33 · (Edited)
Hey guys, dragging this one out of the mud to resurrect the tire discussion. I may pull the trigger on new tires this month, the runflats be gettin' old, yo. I have dealt with a variety of poor weather conditions at this point including snow, ice, and rain that hammered home the point that these run flats are, shall we say, not optimal (馃挬馃挬馃挬馃挬馃挬馃挬). I should note that my old Accord V6 had CrossClimate 2's, which are easily the best tire I've had on any vehicle, as far as all seasons are concerned. Anyhow, I see the Continental DWS mentioned earlier are about 185 at TireRack, whereas the AS4s are 205. I do have a coupon for $50 off, so that helps a bit. Either way, not gonna break the bank. So, I like the Continentals, but I'll let the internet weigh in here before pullin the trigger. What say you? Happy New Year,

Tony

Administrator
Newport, Oregon
FWIW, I've had the DWS06 tires for 4 years now and I'd buy them again. Can't speak for them on snow or ice as I get mainly lots and lots of rain here on the coast but they certainly don't hydroplane like the Dumbflops did.

• Helpful
Reactions: Scarlet RaceCar

Registered
don't hydroplane like the Dumbflops did.
Can attest that the Dumbflops have a tendency to walk on water. RIP my precious RWD Q50.

Edit: I should note that I looked up my old car that was totaled and it's been rebuilt and is back on the road. One of y'all has that.

Reactions: SkylineDreamz

Premium Member
Thanks guys, it's good to be part of the community finally. I do plan on doing the intercooler soonishly. Is there any benefit to JB4 over the AMS/Ecutek BT tunes? There seems to be some heresay about the JB4s that they can cause issues? Is that accurate? Also is there a benefit to doing CBS and turbo back mods first as you suggest? I was thinking of getting cooling and reliability stuff squared away first before the perf stuff. What's the thinking on that?
Sound thinking to build the (supporting) platform first, before running head first into power/performance mods . 'Great minds.'

In my house, we call these 'low value' mods/upgrades...which is to say, you commit to the learning, gather up a load of expensive parts. (For me) take them somewhere and pay more to get them put on...to learn you need some combination of more parts and a tune to utilize what you've already boight. Percentage change forward, in any area....0. Car looks, drives and, even, sounds the same. Only difference is thousands gone out of your pocket.

STAY THE COURSE and protect your car, first.

Reactions: Infinissan!

Registered
2022 Q50 Luxe AWD
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
And just like that.......its gone. Dude took an illegal left into my Q50 yesterday, it took a frontal hit from an SUV at about 25 Mph. Amazingly, i was able to drive it away from the intersection and down the road into a lot. Several people from AAA, the tow company etc seem to think the bumper ate it all, and there won't be a total. If I get it back repaired, should I soldier on? Or swap for a 2023 before they stop making them? I'll have pics eventually of the carnage. 馃憗馃憚馃憗 These things are tanks, it looks like Infiniti did their safety homework, no airbags, check engine lights, etc.

Registered
And just like that.......its gone. Dude took an illegal left into my Q50 yesterday, it took a frontal hit from an SUV at about 25 Mph. Amazingly, i was able to drive it away from the intersection and down the road into a lot. Several people from AAA, the tow company etc seem to think the bumper ate it all, and there won't be a total. If I get it back repaired, should I soldier on? Or swap for a 2023 before they stop making them? I'll have pics eventually of the carnage. 馃憗馃憚馃憗 These things are tanks, it looks like Infiniti did their safety homework, no airbags, check engine lights, etc.
Damn!!! I鈥檓 sorry to hear that but happy everyone is ok! If the front bumper truly took all the pain, I鈥檇 soldier on. But I鈥檇 trade up as soon as anything seemed wrong. I don鈥檛 know about your specific Q, but the fully loaded ones never seem to come back 100% from repairs. Mostly because the repair shop missed a sensor or harness and things get odd from there. And that goes for pretty much every modern car. Just too much tech in them.

Premium Member
2018 Q50 RS AWD. Black on Black on Black
That sucks, but glad you are okay!

Premium Member
2019 Q50S (Silver Sport)
Sorry to hear! If it were me I'd get another. Although the G70 looks interesting too...or a Giulia...oh boy... I'm glad you are ok!

21 - 40 of 44 Posts