Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Base model Honda Accord comes standard with Pandora Radio App. Q50 does not. Can anyone tell how upset I am 10 months later that I still have no apps in my car??

·
Registered
181 Posts
Base model Honda Accord comes standard with Pandora Radio App. Q50 does not. Can anyone tell how upset I am 10 months later that I still have no apps in my car??
I've been bitching about it for a long time. :mad:

Reactions: toinfiniti

·
Registered
209 Posts
I've got a question about this thing about the apps for intouch. I bought my car in Aug 2013, and intouch trial I believe is a year long, will infiniti give another free one year trial once the final intouch update with all the bugs fixed?

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
Base Accord also comes with FWD, a CVT, and a cheap interior that's not even as good as a 1995 Civic in material quality.:D

Yes, Infiniti corporate sucks. But since I play CDs in my cars, I suppose this wouldn't bother me as much as having to deal with the compromises of cheaper cars.

Here's the big picture: Infiniti can fix this, or lose sales to Lexus and Mercedes. It's that simple, they only hurt themselves.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Pandora app is overrated. Just play it on your cellphone via BTA. You can skip songs via BTA as well, so unless you change stations regularly, it's really a non issue.

Of course, Infiniti still sucks for screwing this up so badly and it's not a real excuse, but it's not the end of the world.

·
Registered
181 Posts
It is even better through USB as IPad. It has better sound and there is an icon of the cover on the display, so it looks nicer. Much better on the longer runs.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I've got a question about this thing about the apps for intouch. I bought my car in Aug 2013, and intouch trial I believe is a year long, will infiniti give another free one year trial once the final intouch update with all the bugs fixed?
Let me correct you on this. The Infiniti Connection is a year subscription. The InTouch apps is 4 years. If I am not wrong, the annual fee for apps after 4 years is only $20.

I do agree that as early adopter (August 13) and Infiniti is not giving a clear communication what's going on, I think we deserve some kind of compensation since InTouch costs is included as part of your car price and for those who lease, they already lost for over 6 months. I am still not happy with the no communication that says we are still working on which gives no idea what to expect!

·
Registered
982 Posts
Base Accord also comes with FWD, a CVT, and a cheap interior that's not even as good as a 1995 Civic in material quality.:D

Yes, Infiniti corporate sucks. But since I play CDs in my cars, I suppose this wouldn't bother me as much as having to deal with the compromises of cheaper cars.

Here's the big picture: Infiniti can fix this, or lose sales to Lexus and Mercedes. It's that simple, they only hurt themselves.
You play CD's in your car? But the Q only takes 1 CD. The base Q50 also comes with fake leather and looks hella cheap.

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
Yes, I play CDs. Until I have to patience to download a bunch of HD audio tracks and purchase a storage device for them, I'm not willing to deal with the loss of quality that mp3 or equivalent players entail.

The base Q50 interior has fake leather- so what! Every other car in its class does too. You're not going to convince me that the soft, finely-grained plastics are not a massive upgrade over the Accord's hard, coarse Fisher Price plastic fest of a cabin. And the Q50's genuine trim is a tiny bit nicer than Honda's faux metal.:x

I don't want to pick on the Accord too much, because the Camry is even worse. :eek:

You could say that I'm being too harsh and that it's unfair to compare the Q50 given its much higher price point, but I will bring to attention the fact that 15-20 years ago, Accords, Camrys and Maximas had interiors that were significantly closer to the quality presented in the Q50. The decontenting police took care of that, now didn't they?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.