Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to an Infiniti Dealership yesterday to test drive the Q50S Hybrid again

gobs of torque no issues going up hill, finally felt the quirkiness of DAS like the car but not too much different from my 2007 G35S

so I have a 2007 G35Sport with NAV V36 only 54,000 miles and wanted to use that as trade in

they offered about $2000 lower than KBB for Trade in value WTF!!

the Car I wanted to lease was 2014 Q50S Hybrid with Nav and kick plates
$48,400 MSRP

I saw on Truecar the price of the Q50S Hybrid is $44,164.00
Loyalty Promo is $3,250

So can I get the Car down to $40,914 after loyalty?
its 63% residual for a 36 month Q50S hybrid
Does the Residual apply to the negotiated $40,914 or the MSRP of the car.

And would the total amount I would be paying on the lease = Negotiated Price ($40,914) subtract the residual Value 63% ($25,775.82)?

$15,138.18 total lease payments?

please help because Im a bit confused on leasing terms.

thanks dfor any info.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
You can try to use truecar to get the sale price.
If you have other dealers shop around and just haggle over the sale price.
Once your sale price is set, then just tell them you want to lease instead of buying.
From the lease deal thread, it looked like a lot of people were getting good discounts on MSRP.
Maybe not invoice pricing per se, but still good price reductions.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the sales manager was telling me that the the lease price is based off of MSRP

and not the negotiated sale price,

Wanted to know if this was True,

what I want to know is the total lease payments should be based off of

the Negotiated sales price subtract from Residual amount

Total lease payment divide by 36 months = what I have to pay per month?

let me know if this is correct or if it is based off MSRP.

thanks.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
What you pay for depreciation is based on the sale price, not the MSRP.

For example if the MSRP / SALE PRICE is 50K, and the residual is 30K you will pay 20K in depreciation over your lease term (on top of the rent and other charges).

If you negotiate that 50K MSRP to a 47K sale price, the residual is still 30K but you pay 17K in depreciation.

Make sense??

The MSRP does determine the RESIDUAL value.
That is locked to the MSRP of the car.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Consider what they are "allowing" for your G35S. That will act to lower the price of the new vehicle. But be careful because they can make numbers say what they want rather than what you want them to be. Tell the dealer that you want to see how they are calculating the deal, most will send or show you the deal sheet.

Use KBB or Edmunds to estimate the "invoice" of the car you want, your "selling price" should be at or below that amount whether or not you are trading in your car. Use the same web sites to estimate the value of your trade in.

Andrew is correct, haggle with as many dealers in your area as possible. One great way to do this is to use e-mail. Send each dealer an e-mail (from the Infinitiusa site) and list the options you want and color choice(s). Within an hour or so, you will get phone calls from each trying to win your business, you'd be surprised at the response.

Get the lowest price you can and discuss leasing terms and other details such as money factor and length of contract. The residual is set by the manufacturer and does vary by the length of the contract (36 months may be 60% while 48 months may be 54%) this will effect your payments (the higher the residual, the lower your payments). Also consider a realistic mileage choice whether it is 10k; 12k; or 15k this will also effect your payment. Many people go low with the intention that they will trade the vehicle in if their mileage is going to go significantly over the contracted amount (this strategy keeps the payments down and allows for an out).

Finally, do not lease for longer than the manufacturers warranty period.

There are some great incentives out there now, so if you can do the deal while they are in effect. Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.