Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my Q50 white. The dealer added his logo to the back of the car and I dnt like it. How do u remove it? thanks

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Any pics how it looks? Is it a sticker or an emblem/badge?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
A sticker then? Maybe u can pick at it with your nails or use some kind of solvent like goo gone to loosen it first!

Maybe someone with more experience taking off these things can chime in!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A sticker then? Maybe u can pick at it with your nails or use some kind of solvent like goo gone to loosen it first!

Maybe someone with more experience taking off these things can chime in!
yea I was thinking of using goo gone. Thanks!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you can easily peel that off
yea i just saw a video on youtube. I just need to use a hair dryer to heat it up then peel it off

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The hardest part is getting the glue off the car. It will take several applications of goo gone or? and rubbing gently. It's pretty sticky and smeary.
someone on a youtube video used a bug and tar remover from turtle wax to take the residue off

·
Registered
13 Posts
That's where i got my car. I told them ahead of time not to put the sticker on. My salesman replied that if its on already they will remove it for me.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's where i got my car. I told them ahead of time not to put the sticker on. My salesman replied that if its on already they will remove it for me.
lmaoo. Yea i said that for my G37 before I got it. I forgot to tell them before hand for this car. I was in a rush to drive the Q50, i didn't feel like telling them

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
I'm so glad my dealer is classy enough not to do this cr*p! When you're dropping this kind of money on a car, you should have to advertise some dealer's ugly logo. If they want to put a logo on, they should pay you to do it. Best of luck finding a good solution. Next time I'd tell them you don't want it on or find a dealer that doesn't do it.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm so glad my dealer is classy enough not to do this cr*p! When you're dropping this kind of money on a car, you should have to advertise some dealer's ugly logo. If they want to put a logo on, they should pay you to do it. Best of luck finding a good solution. Next time I'd tell them you don't want it on or find a dealer that doesn't do it.
Yea they should just do it if u ask. They didn't put one one my G last time cause I told them before hand. I forgot to tell them this time

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yeah- I dislike dealers plastering that crap on the car. That is the height of presumption. It's far worse than a dealer plate frame. Unless you are paying me to advertise for your business, I don't want it on there... and I don't want it on there, anyway!!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Take it to the dealer if you can. If not goo gone should work. BUT BE-CAREFUL WITH YOUR FINGERNAILS, it can mar the paint if pressing to hard. 3m Adhesive & Wax Remover Works well also.

Afterwards you may want to clay the area and put a small amount of wax on the area. All of these adhesive removers will take off any wax in that area.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.