Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the Q50 hasn't been on sale for very long, but how much longer do you guys think it will be before used cars start showing up at dealerships?

Also, has anyone seen any new Q50's for sale at dealerships that are somewhat close to the MSRP (~$35k)? It seems like most dealerships are refusing to sell anything but models with extensive options/premium packages.

Thanks...

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
As for used Q50, I don't think it will be anytime soon. I don't think anyone willing to give up their Q50 just yet, LOL.
You don't have to pay MSRP for the Q50. You just have to deal with the dealer and be firm with your offer. I mostly do by emails. It's much easier to deal by emails. Of course, the more dealers is in your area, the more chance you can get the deal you wants.
FYI, I was manage to get about $1,673 off MSRP the only Q50S Hybrid moonlight white/graphite with deluxe techs in California more than 2 month ago. Especially now, since it is their quarterly end quota, you probably can ask for $2000 of MSRP. Just try, you never know.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice, guys. Honestly, I'm new to car buying (will be finishing up college soon and starting my first "real" job), so most of this is new information to me.

InfinitiPlusOne, you mentioned the possibly of negotiating to $2,000 less than the MSRP due to it currently being the quarterly end quota. Do you know how much longer this period will last for?

I was originally looking at getting a used 2011-2012 G37, but with most dealers quoting prices of $28-29k, it seems like it would be worth it to spend just the extra money on a Q50 (especially if I can get one for $33k -- or even less when used cars start rolling in).

·
Registered
325 Posts
Thanks for the advice, guys. Honestly, I'm new to car buying (will be finishing up college soon and starting my first "real" job), so most of this is new information to me.

InfinitiPlusOne, you mentioned the possibly of negotiating to $2,000 less than the MSRP due to it currently being the quarterly end quota. Do you know how much longer this period will last for?

I was originally looking at getting a used 2011-2012 G37, but with most dealers quoting prices of $28-29k, it seems like it would be worth it to spend just the extra money on a Q50 (especially if I can get one for $33k -- or even less when used cars start rolling in).
Infiniti has a college grad program to help with an approval through the bank.. you may also want to look at leasing for the sake of your pocket if you are just finishing school.. just my 2 cents

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
Jason gives good advice on the recent grad program.

I don't know about in other geographies, but around me, there are very few people who want the strippy car. The one that I sold, the customer has already asked about upgrading things that he could have gotten with the car if he had just ordered a premium or sport model. This is a guy who didn't even want to pay for a sunroof, but the one car in the entire western US in the color combo he wanted, had a sunroof.

Nearly every customer wants the basics of Premium, at a minimum. And many want Deluxe Touring options on top of Nav and Leather. Also, right now many of the people buying Q50's are early adopters who want the awesome new tech that's available on this car. And for me, living in the heart of tech, the tech is part of how I sell the car.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
At the dealership yesterday, I saw the base model for the first time - it had the "Q50a" on the trunk. Sticker price was around $39,000. By the way, I compared the non-leather in it to the same color leather in the car next to it. There is a huge difference in look, with the base model's seats really looking like something out of the '60's.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
It's end of September. You only got couple of days left.
I would wait until end of December to get even better deal if you can wait that long.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
I guarantee we'll have at least one used Q50 in the next 6 months. But I sincerely doubt we'll have more than 2 in that time. Invariably someone around here buys the car and then gets transferred to yurup or china for work. They end up selling back their car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
At the dealership yesterday, I saw the base model for the first time - it had the "Q50a" on the trunk. Sticker price was around $39,000. By the way, I compared the non-leather in it to the same color leather in the car next to it. There is a huge difference in look, with the base model's seats really looking like something out of the '60's.
Do you know if there were any other options that had been added to the base model you saw? The reason I ask is because it was a little more expensive than the MSRP of the base model itself.

Hmmm... if it's going to be next to impossible to find a base model for <MSRP for a good 6-12 months (if buying used, that is), I might just bite the bullet and go for a used 2012 G37. Most of the Infiniti dealers in the Atlanta area (which is where I'll have to drive to if I want to buy from a dealer since there are none in the city I live in) have recently reduced their advertised prices to $28k for cars with 20-30k miles, but how realistically possible do you guys think it would be for me to be able to talk them down to $25k (or even less)?

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hello all - newbie member here. I'm potentially looking to buy (not lease) a new Q50. Love the modern look inside and like what they did with the exterior, although only so-so on the back design. I have been looking at the "standard" premium models since I would like a sporty looking car, but don't need all the technical bells and whistles either. Couple of questions for you more experienced forum member and recent shoppers:

1. When shooting for "lowest" price and targeting say the dealer invoice price did your final number included tax, tag, and title?

2. When looking at the standard premium model those standard 17" look rather bland (IMO) so I would like to see if I could work in an upgrade to the 19" sportier wheels (makes the car in my mind). Although, when I do that online it then requires me to upgrade the leather and add navigation which ups the final cost. How easy would it to negotiate just the wheels? I'd like navigation, but that is not an absolute for me either.

3. How is the leatherette when compared to the real leather?

4. We are not in a huge rush to buy (e.g. next few months) so would I be better off waiting until Nov/Dec for an end of the year sales push? My local dealer is already trying to get me to come down for the end of September push. My gut feeling is to wait it out.

5. My wife and I set a number just under 40 K so I'm wondering if that is even attainable with say the premium trim and sports wheels (no tech or touring package) etc ... I'm seeing somewhere in the neighborhood of 43-45K (pre-tax) when I built those online ...

Thanks in advance :)

Joe

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
We've got a lot of really nice used G37 sedans priced in the mid-20's. You shouldn't have a problem finding one that matches what you want.

Here's our inventory:
Bay Area Used Cars | Redwood City Infiniti | Peninsual Infiniti
Wow, those are some nice cars! Just out of curiosity -- since those G37's have been driven and sold in California, have they been modified in any way to meet any sort of emissions standard? That's what everyone here on the east coast likes to point out when the suggestion of buying a car from California comes up...

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
These days most cars, wherever you buy them, come with 50 state emissions. We don't require any special mods to sell/drive a car in CA. Cars do have to pass emissions inspection every two years, once they reach a certain age.

I know MA has the same emissions requirements on new cars as CA. Don't know what other states have it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
These days most cars, wherever you buy them, come with 50 state emissions. We don't require any special mods to sell/drive a car in CA. Cars do have to pass emissions inspection every two years, once they reach a certain age.

I know MA has the same emissions requirements on new cars as CA. Don't know what other states have it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Good to hear that the cars haven't been altered. Just out of curiosity, is there any chance that you have a ballpark idea of how much it would cost to ship a G37 to GA?

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Good to hear that the cars haven't been altered. Just out of curiosity, is there any chance that you have a ballpark idea of how much it would cost to ship a G37 to GA?
I don't know where in GA you are, but if you want a 2nd generation G for a great price: The one I traded in is a 2007 G35, without navigation, but with only about 42,000 miles, wood trim, Bose sound system, etc., and looks almost brand new. It has the new, RFTs that I swapped out from the Q, and the dealer is selling it for around $18,000(and you could probably get it for a little less than that). It's at Infiniti of Chattanooga, if you'd be interested.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.