Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not sure where to start this thread but yeah...
i want to be able to have my side mirrors fold automatically with a push of one button...

it is a pain trying to get into a tight parking slot and lean all the way over to fold my passenger side mirror...

i know in korea there are shops that do this but cant seem to even look for what i need and how to do it online...

anyone got any ideas?

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Umm so how do you get out of the car if you have so little space to fit into a parking spot that you have to fold in the small mirrors. When you open the door, door is going to go out much further than the mirrors did

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Automatic folding Mirror is a gimmick but nice feature for places where real estate is in limited supply, if you have to fold mirror to park your car in US, either find another spot or...signup for valet service !

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
I believe the European models have folding mirrors. May want to just wait for them to go on sale there and order mirror parts from EU and install them.
Do they really have folding mirrors? Are they the same size/shape as ours? I thought folding mirrors usually had to be larger because of the mechanism inside, I hate the size of the mirrors on our M37x but the mirrors folding is a nice touch.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I'd like the feature, and if its possible and not too expensive, would add to my Q. Nice for automatic car washes and some extra space to walk past the car in the garage.

Reactions: CarolinaQ50

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Look, we all know the Q50 is an incredible machine. Overall I think it's one of the best cars on the road, obviously, or I wouldn't have bought one. :) However, it's not perfect as we all know; and that's the context of my displeasure for the lack of auto mirrors. It would have been a major added convenience, for me. If you think its pointless to fold in your mirrors after exiting your car, then good for you. My mirrors get folded 90% of the time; the other 10% on private property.

Reactions: MarquisMarq

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Umm so how do you get out of the car if you have so little space to fit into a parking spot that you have to fold in the small mirrors. When you open the door, door is going to go out much further than the mirrors did

i have 2 walls in my car park area...between each wall there is enough opening for the door but if i park close to it the mirrors will hit the wall when opening the doors...so if i had rear passengers they would have to get out before parking...its a dumb design...

i'll take a pic when i get home to clear things up...

Reactions: chicagokevo

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
78 Posts

This would be a nice feature to get into my garage. My mirrors only leave an inch or two to either side when I pull in.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So I got a loaner m37 today and guess what I played with the flooding mirror button! Lol anyone have any updates regarding?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi there,

I'm from the Netherlands and since a week and a half the proud owner of an Infiniti Q50s Hybrid. My car is equipped with factory electric folding mirrors. Obviously my car is a Europe designated car.

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Hi there,

I'm from the Netherlands and since a week and a half the proud owner of an Infiniti Q50s Hybrid. My car is equipped with factory electric folding mirrors. Obviously my car is a Europe designated car.
why must you open up an old wound!!!!!!!!!:(

·
Registered
365 Posts
My wife's RX350 has these. Gimmick? Maybe....but when people walk past your car in a parking lot - it's nice to have them folded in - at least those somewhat larger mirrors. I've seen people walk right into a side-view mirror. Distracted walking and all that crap...

Where I park - no one walks past my car....so I theoretically am safe :)

·
Registered
402 Posts
Bump!

So any update regarding these? Is there any way us drivers in NA can have the EU version mirrors on our cars? Do we need a switch on the inside of the door as well? If a mod, or a simple swap exists, has anybody done it?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.