Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a client ask me a question today and I have no idea how to respond. She suffers occasional migraines and bright light tends to be the trigger. She was asking if there's a way to dull the chrome logo on the steering wheel so it is less likely to reflect sun in her eyes. I drew a blank on ideas.

Anyone got any solutions that would work?

·
Registered
585 Posts
She was asking if there's a way to dull the chrome logo on the steering wheel so it is less likely to reflect sun in her eyes
Metal paint? A paint shop that had someone who was good a pinstriping should be able to apply it without making a mess of the steering wheel.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Maybe plastidip the logo in flat black but need to make sure surroundings are properly taped/covered!

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
She could carefully scrape the chrome off the plastic logo (will become dull and grey), paint or plastidip will peel sooner or later due to hand oils.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
She could carefully scrape the chrome off the plastic logo (will become dull and grey), paint or plastidip will peel sooner or later due to hand oils.
But u barely touch that area though! I dont like honking the horn though! :D

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
More I think about it, probably mask it really well, then use fine steel wool to dull it.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
There's some stuff called Blacken-It. It chemically blackens some metals. Don't know if it works on chrome. It's mostly used by model railroad hobbyists to give a more realistic look to their trains and tracks.

There are articles out there, on how to use it.

Blacken-It, 4 fl. oz.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Peeling off that emblem can sometimes damage the airbag finisher. Fingernail polish or something similar would be the safest/easiest bet for the average DIY'er.

It looks like CA doesn't have a medical tint exemption law...which is surprising since VA actually does.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.