Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my Z1 Ecutek tune flashed on and can not figure out how to turn the burble tune on. Called Z1 about something else earlier today and they said everything will work like a g37. In other words, watch these three videos they sent me and it’s all explained. Well, not so fast! The only description on the video talks about a Z car. On a Z you toggle the cruise control up or down and you watch the oil temp gage go from 140 (burble is off) to 180(burble is on). Q50? No gauge to watch. They even say on the video that only a Z will work like this. So I’m in a 2018 q50. How do I toggle my burble tune off and on? I tried the same switch and nothing happens.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Most people here are anti burble-tunes. Your best bet is to call Z1 again.

·
Registered
6,368 Posts
Just got my Z1 Ecutek tune flashed on and can not figure out how to turn the burble tune on. Called Z1 about something else earlier today and they said everything will work like a g37. In other words, watch these three videos they sent me and it’s all explained. Well, not so fast! The only description on the video talks about a Z car. On a Z you toggle the cruise control up or down and you watch the oil temp gage go from 140 (burble is off) to 180(burble is on). Q50? No gauge to watch. They even say on the video that only a Z will work like this. So I’m in a 2018 q50. How do I toggle my burble tune off and on? I tried the same switch and nothing happens.
Not all tunes nor tuners offer the same range of customizations, also the new Z is only just getting the VR30 (TTV6) which is the motor you have which is different from the 370Z and G37.... So it sounds like you are confusing the platforms and what is offered by each.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not all tunes nor tuners offer the same range of customizations, also the new Z is only just getting the VR30 (TTV6) which is the motor you have which is different from the 370Z and G37.... So it sounds like you are confusing the platforms and what is offered by each.
Z1 stated in the email they sent me with my new tune that there are three maps s as me a burble tune. I’m not confused. They know what platform I have

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hope your not running any cats otherwise those will be ruined also a good chance to ruin your turbos!

·
Registered
2016 Infiniti Q50 Premium AWD (w/Bose & Nav)
1,022 Posts
You have to switch to the burble map. There are 4 maps that EcuTek can switch between - sounds like you have 3. You can use the EcuTek app or the cruise control buttons to switch maps. Find the correct map and run it.

Reactions: demr7777

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Anti burble? Why is that?
Hope your not running any cats otherwise those will be ruined also a good chance to ruin your turbos!
^^^^this is why.

Doesn’t help that some of the forum members are older and hate those darn kids with their darn bubble guts cars! Lol

• Haha
Reactions: darien87 and Kraken

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Map switching with Ecutek without the Bluetooth phone interface is done through the Cruise control Cancel button and displayed on the TACH.
Press and hold the cancel button on the right side of the steering wheel. The tach will display which of the 4 maps you are on. 1000 RPMs is Map 1, 2000 RPMs is Map 2 etc. toggle the Cancel switch to move between Maps. Map 1 is usually the Race Map and Map 4 the lowest boost.

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
WTF is a "burble tune"?... Do you have your camber set at -45 degrees as well?...

Reactions: RaceCar

·
Registered
986 Posts
^^^^this is why.

Doesn’t help that some of the forum members are older and hate those darn kids with their darn bubble guts cars! Lol
Partly about damaging other parts, but it's also about a tune causing the low class backfires. Burble and pop tunes are really just ricer backfire.

Burble tunes stem from ye olden days when carb'd engines ran best a little rich due to headers and a loose converter to accompany the big cam. Add to that little to no real exhaust and voila! Engines tend to make the most torque closer to 12:1 afr and tend to make the most power closer towards 13:1. All engines and combos are different so it's a rough guide.

Moving forward in history, this same thing was a requirement in the early days on efi running because everyone thought you needed to be STUPIDLY rich in order for a turbo or supercharged engine to live. Still kind of true but the first gen tuners played it really safe and we're also limited by obd1. Somehow, the Mopar turbo 4 banger guys knew better but no one else could figure it out lol.

Well, time has moved forward along tuning knowledge. Nowadays if you see high hp cars shooting flames, it's tuned that way. You don't see calvo tuned vipers or ugr racing lambos doing that unless the customer wants it and even then, it's rare.

Rice crispy tunes are for posers.

·
Registered
986 Posts
For the record; I have plenty of friends, I have a social life, and I do correct people around me if they say truly ignorant things.

...and I pay them well enough that they stick around for it.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Veloster N comes with a factory burble tune

Reactions: darien87

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Who cares about the burble tune. The OP’s question is about Map switching.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Reactions: jcb

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
1 - 20 of 33 Posts