Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Again, who cares? Didn’t you put a Skyline badge on your car? Some like it, most don’t. Who cares it’s your car.
Sure did. Because it’s a Skyline. Lol I don’t care what OP does with their car. I just wanted to let them know that they’re not likely to get much help with it here.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
For the record; I have plenty of friends, I have a social life, and I do correct people around me if they say truly ignorant things.

...and I pay them well enough that they stick around for it.
What do they do when you say truly ignorant things? 😜

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Sure did. Because it’s a Skyline. Lol I don’t care what OP does with their car. I just wanted to let them know that they’re not likely to get much help with it here.
Seems you are mistaken, doesn’t it? Myself and others answered the question being asked instead of injecting personal opinion.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Seems you are mistaken, doesn’t it? Myself and others answered the question being asked instead of injecting personal opinion.
And I’m sure he appreciates your answer since all I could offer was to call Z1 again and ask them, as I don’t have their tune. As far as personal opinions go, everyone has one and everyone is free to share theirs. It how you have a discussion. I know in todays day and age, people only want validation not discussion. But imagine for just a moment that someone might know something you don’t and probably should for some reason. For example given enough time, a burble tune will destroy your cats and can cause damage to your turbos. Might be a good piece of info to know, right?

·
Registered
978 Posts
What do they do when you say truly ignorant things? 😜
Doesn't happen. I don't talk about things I have little or no knowledge of. If I'm forced to, I just preface it by saying I don't know for sure or something similar. If I end up being wrong, I just admit I was wrong. I'm not less of a person because I made a mistake.

Reactions: SkylineDreamz

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
16,647 Posts
For the record; I have plenty of friends, I have a social life, and I do correct people around me if they say truly ignorant things.

...and I pay them well enough that they stick around for it.
You pay your friends to stick around to be corrected when they say ignorant things?

·
Registered
978 Posts
You pay your friends to stick around to be corrected when they say ignorant things?
yes, im an awful person. :)

OP, burble tunes are kinda lame imo but what's even worse is when something doesn't work correctly. if it's figured out, let us know so it becomes a searchable answer.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Yes...what is a burble tune?
A burble tune basically injects excess fuel after the throttle body closes on deceleration so it doesn’t combust in the chamber. The unburnt fuel then travels into the exhaust system where the heat causes it to combust. So when you get off the throttle you get a series of small back fires. Some people like it because race cars used to do that due to rich AFRs and very high octane.

• Sad
Reactions: RaceCar

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
16,647 Posts
Yes...what is a burble tune?
Something that will eventually burn out your cats if you still have them. Backfires are really good for the turbos also.

·
Registered
Spartanburg, SC 2016 RS Q50
724 Posts
Usually to get itc to work properly you have to rev the car and as the rpms drop you lightly touch the throttle and it causes the pops or burble. It's easier at higher rpms but be careful revving high without a load.

Your tuner could explain their map better.

Reactions: SkylineDreamz
21 - 33 of 33 Posts