Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I usually sell stuff locally, but figure I'd give this forum a try. How do you guys do it/recommend? First get paid then ship the item? Thanks!

·
Registered
2021 Q50 RedSport, ARK Cat-Back. HKS BOV, AMS LDP, Mishimoto Catch Can
712 Posts
Paypal usually works for me because the buyer/seller is protected, if it is a very pricey item then get an escrow account, looking into it myself right now to sell my motorcycle privately. A $300 fee to not get scammed is worth it IMO, but in your case it sounds like you are selling parts so I would recommend Paypal

Reactions: brazza

·
Registered
907 Posts
As long as the payment is valid, typically the seller is in a better position than a buyer for not getting duped. At the same time though, it's good to keep good documentation on the shipment and things like signature confirmation can be a good adder in case the buyer claims he never received it. Not foolproof of course, but it helps. Finally, if it's an expensive item (> std. value they apply, which IIRC is around $300) buy the "insurance" from the shipper just in case something happens in transit, so you can get your money plus refund amount to buyer.

·
Registered
2017 Q50S
401 Posts
paid first through paypal goods and services, always take pictures of the item while boxing so you have the condition before it left your hands. Only ship to the address that comes though on the paypal payment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.