Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there is a setting in the drive selector settings to turn off Active Trace Control but I believe that is just for the Personal Mode selection, is there a way to turn this off for Sport Mode?

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Press the Traction Control button. This will also disable most driving assistant safety feature if you have the tech package. This is truly the way to drive if you in the mood to drive spiritedly.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
+1 I agree that is the way to drive though in the snow I have been leaving it on.

Andrew, if I turn it off in the personal mode setting does this mean it is only off if I set my driving to personal mode and it is on for sport mode?

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
+1 I agree that is the way to drive though in the snow I have been leaving it on.

Andrew, if I turn it off in the personal mode setting does this mean it is only off if I set my driving to personal mode and it is on for sport mode?
I think it's just off. It's decouple from the "personal" drive mode it looks like.

But I'm not 100% sure.
I leave mine on.
I kind of like the pivot feel it gives when flying around a turn.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Go into the drive mode icon one page to the right of the main menu. In there you will see engine/transmission settings, and steering settings if you have the deluxe touring package or a hybrid Q50. Hit active trace control and you can turn it off manually. If for instance you want to do donuts in the snow (not advising this, but lets be honest, it's a blast haha), you will have to turn traction control off as well, which is by your left knee when you're sitting in the drivers seat. These cars have a very effective AWD system, so you may not be able to get it loose on dry or wet roads unless you put more power in it, hint hint... a pair of turbos :p

·
Registered
4,279 Posts

It's only off in personal mode. Any of the steering, torque response, or active trace control settings you make on Intouch only come into effect when the car is in personal mode. Standard will always have ATC on and sport will always have ATC reduced.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Yes, hunter81 is correct. Any adjustments you make inside of the drive mode selector will only be for the personal mode. Sorry for not posting that in my last post.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I don't have the tech package, so the following won't apply to those with tech package. Turning off traction control in my car turns off active trace control in ALL driving modes. The yellow traction warning still lights up if the tires are spinning, but this indicates the system is transferring power from one wheel to the next (not cutting power... which is what traction control does).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.