Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
I previously had a '15 Q50S (with Bose)..I nowhave a '19 Red Sport (with base system) - I can't believe either of these cars have ANC or ASE. You can't hear the motor or exhaust (from inside) unless you're into the pedal or the car isn't up to operating temp.
The level of ASE is dependent on the engine RPM, torque, accelerator pedal position, and vehicle speed. It has nothing to do with vehicle operating temperature. It also depends on which Drive Mode is selected. In Sport Mode, the ASE volume is greater. I've tested it on my car and it works.

·
Registered
44 Posts
The level of ASE is dependent on the engine RPM, torque, accelerator pedal position, and vehicle speed. It has nothing to do with vehicle operating temperature. It also depends on which Drive Mode is selected. In Sport Mode, the ASE volume is greater. I've tested it on my car and it works.
I understand stand that, but I haven't noticed any sound except for the circumstances I had mentioned (cold motor, which is usually louder with any vehicle OR I get into the pedal, again, which is usually louder with any vehicle)

The RS w/Bose that I had test driven was significantly louder than my '15 Q50S. However, the RS w/o Bose that I ended up getting does not seem any louder. I've been in standard mode most of the time (which is odd for me-it was 100% Sport mode with the previous Q50 lol), so I'll have to try Sport+ more often.

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
I understand stand that, but I haven't noticed any sound except for the circumstances I had mentioned (cold motor, which is usually louder with any vehicle OR I get into the pedal, again, which is usually louder with any vehicle)

The RS w/Bose that I had test driven was significantly louder than my '15 Q50S. However, the RS w/o Bose that I ended up getting does not seem any louder. I've been in standard mode most of the time (which is odd for me-it was 100% Sport mode with the previous Q50 lol), so I'll have to try Sport+ more often.
The ASE does not use the microphones in the car to generate its augmented engine sound, so it doesn't matter what sound level the engine generates (hot or cold).

ASE and ANC are always on unless you turn them off in the Diagnostic Menu. ASE is subtle but noticeable when you punch it as it is designed to do.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I followed his steps - Which is the same :)
no ANC/ASE option above ###HANDSFREE

suxx

Are you certain you have the Bose system?

·
Registered
994 Posts
yessssss!

wow , really ?
LOL, you'd be surprised. This has happened in the past with a number of "features" on these cars.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I liked it in my '15 Golf R and like it in my '16 red sport!

Although I need to wake up the exhaust in the near future!

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
Main screen, Settings, (tab right), other, SW is down on the bottom . I bumped into this whe looking for my service reminder settings. Oh crap not there.. I just looked. @Avedis53
Next try .. main screen, information, map info.... that has in mine:

Map ver

Software Version
309 (is this it?)

Navi ID
:nerd:
I get lost in there! Uggggg

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Question:

ANC/ASC in Diagnostic Mode: 5min08sec in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6I58ytoDaME

Why it is not available in my car? -2015 (September) Q50 AWD with Bose 14speakers SoundSystem,

Is my software outdated ?
Can dealer turn it (engine noise enhancement) off with some magical tool ?

Happy thursday !
I finally noticed that you have a 2015 Q50. I don't believe ANC/ASE was available for that model year, Bose system or not. I don't have a service manual for that year so I can't verify that. I doubt it can be added with a software update or turned on by the dealership.

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
I have the Bose system too,
your car is 2018 mine is 2015,
on the video from 2013 Q50 as well - he has the option...

hmm... weird,

Anyone with 2015 Q50 wisth the same issue ?
What makes you think that video is from a 2013 Q50? There is no 2013 Q50, only 2013 G37. That video is from a 2016+ Q50.

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Main screen, Settings, (tab right), other, SW is down on the bottom . I bumped into this whe looking for my service reminder settings. Oh crap not there.. I just looked. @Avedis53
Next try .. main screen, information, map info.... that has in mine:

Map ver

Software Version
309 (is this it?)

Navi ID
:nerd:
I get lost in there! Uggggg
You have to get into the Diagnostic Mode first, then:

Press - "Confirmation/Adjustment"
Press - "Version Information"
Scrolling down to page 9 of Version Information, I see:

"ANC Soft: 030100"
"ASC Soft: 030100"

I'd be curious to hear if owner's of 2016 and 2017 Q50's have a different version of the software.

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
I knew he had the answer!

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I've mentioned this before but I have a 2017 RS and in Sport+ mode it's louder than standard. I have the Helmholtz mufflers and there is no denying the car is louder in sport plus even with the supposed noise "off". I don't think it truly turns off.

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
The ECU in Sport+ has different parameters than std mode. It IS louder. No fake sound involved. I've talked about this difference in noise b4.
I have a dB meter.

41 - 60 of 90 Posts