Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a flat tire and have replaced all with Michelin pilot sport as. I am still getting a red tire warning on the tire pressure screen and warning light on dash. Can this be reset without trip to infiniti? I find that to be incredibly inconvenient...having to make 40 minute drive to dealer for reset is absurd.

·
Premium Member
2,990 Posts
I got a flat tire and have replaced all with Michelin pilot sport as. I am still getting a red tire warning on the tire pressure screen and warning light on dash. Can this be reset without trip to infiniti? I find that to be incredibly inconvenient...having to make 40 minute drive to dealer for reset is absurd.
do your wheels have same OEM TPSM sensors as before?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes. All of the sensors are functioning normally. Still dash board warning and red highlighted tire on tpms screen. Their is nothing in manual on resetting and have been through all of the menus and cannot find anything.

·
Premium Member
2,990 Posts
Yes. All of the sensors are functioning normally. Still dash board warning and red highlighted tire on tpms screen. Their is nothing in manual on resetting and have been through all of the menus and cannot find anything.
Let me be clear that you have the original TPMS sensors in the wheels but new tires, if that's so then the sensors will sync with the car after few miles of drive.

BTW: I just had my car's tires rotated and the TPMS sensors synced in about few miles of drive.

It seems there must be some thing else that changes in your wheels/tires /OEM TPMS sensors setup.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Let me be clear that you have the original TPMS sensors in the wheels but new tires, if that's so then the sensors will sync with the car after few miles of drive.

BTW: I just had my cars rotated and the TPMS sensors synced in about few miles of drive.

It seems there must be some thing else that changes in your wheels/tires /OEM TPMS sensors setup.
I LOVE it. That's the sort of thing that happens more and more as you get older(unless you DO have your cars rotated).:D

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
What is the PSI reading on the tires after you let it rest for more then 3 hours?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Same thing happened to me. Mine is still reading flat tire but the tire pressure is fine. It's been like that for about 200 miles now..

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Are you sure you sure its the right TPMS sensors in there? I had my tires changed out to non run flat continentals and I have no issues with the tire pressure monitoring system. It works as expected. No warnings or anything

·
Registered
32 Posts
I had a flat and my tpms was showing a red where the tire was replaced. The system reset itself after two weeks of driving.

·
Registered
157 Posts
so, for those who still had flat tire warning even if the PSI are already showing normal, did the dealer have to reset them?

i have been driving for over 100 miles now and still not resetting. all PSI are good but the warning to visit dealer is annoying.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had a flat the other day and I have had the same issues. TPMS reads correct pressure, but tire is red on the screen and the warning "exclamation point" to take the car to the dealer won't go away. I hoped that the system would reset itself, but hasn't in about 50 miles of driving. The Owner's manual does say to call the dealer about the reset, so I have a call in this morning to see what they say.

I was hoping I could shortcut the process by searching the forum. Any updates since April that anyone can share?

·
Registered
288 Posts
so, for those who still had flat tire warning even if the PSI are already showing normal, did the dealer have to reset them?

i have been driving for over 100 miles now and still not resetting. all PSI are good but the warning to visit dealer is annoying.
One of my sensors did this after I got my wheels, and it did not reset after a few days. Took it to the dealer they had to reset it twice because the first time did not work; I was there maybe 15 minutes and no charge.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same issue... i had a puncture wound (screw in the tread) so the puncture was repaired and same tire put back on. Warning light remains even though all tires are exactly 36psi. also the one that was flat is red on the psi reading panel. email into the dealer for instructions... it is a 40 min ride each way to the dealer so 'visiting' the dealership is not my first choice...

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I LOVE it. That's the sort of thing that happens more and more as you get older(unless you DO have your cars rotated).:D
I used to have my wives rotated - before I went worn and bold

·
Registered
1,364 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
I had my tire replaced after I got a flat. The flat tire can only be reset by the dealership. Stupid design imo.

So some have just left it and it went away after a few weeks. Otherwise, you'll need to drive in so they can reset it.

I have the same issue... i had a puncture wound (screw in the tread) so the puncture was repaired and same tire put back on. Warning light remains even though all tires are exactly 36psi. also the one that was flat is red on the psi reading panel. email into the dealer for instructions... it is a 40 min ride each way to the dealer so 'visiting' the dealership is not my first choice...

·
Registered
149 Posts
Ur best bet is to take it to the dealership....ur still under warranty why would u try to mess with this urself..u probably spent more than 40 min trying to fig it out when u could have just drove to the dealership and let them take care of it .

·
Registered
260 Posts
This just happened to me(got a flat tire, replaced with another non-OEM runflat).

I'm now also showing the red tire warning as well, but it looks like I'll just add it to the list of things for my dealership to fix during my next service.

"sigh"

·
Registered
7 Posts
In case others are experiencing this problem, I thought I'd share that it took exactly two weeks for the "flat tire" warning to go away on my 2014 Q50 after having the flat repaired.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts