1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I can answer that. Flawless!

I don't know which to complement more:

The supremely comfortable sport seats?
11 hrs/day - no aches, slightly better than the BMW sport seats.

The DAS?
Lets you steer the car without interference from foul weather, or road surfaces. Once all the bugs are out, DAS will be acclaimed!

The engine/electric motor?
Never missed a beat. Power available anytime, all the time.

The suspension?
I run 38 psi cold. Still comfy and always in control.

Gas mileage? Depends on the throttle operator. Steady 80 to get mid 20s. A more reasonable 75 gets you mid 30s. An incredible difference! The sweet spot seems to be just under 2000 rpm.

I've done this trip in an X3, Lexus 350, and BMW 330i. The Q50 is more comfortable, and far less stressful. Correction, it's stress free. It can't control traffic, but what can.

The trip itself was from Cecil County, MD, through Atlanta, to Dallas. The return went through Nashville, and Harpers Ferry. The Q was full with luggage and gifts, carrying my Principessa, and myself.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I had the same experience the 2nd day I had mine. I did a measly 600 mile road trip at night. The only complaint I had was that it was too comfortable. The car is so smooth and quiet at 80mph that it was work trying to stay focused.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Several blasts from 80-110 on I10 from CA to AZ because a woman in a Kia SUV wanted to pass me really wrecked my Hybrid S mileage. I was getting in the 30s, then it dropped into the low 20s. I just couldn't let her pass me in a Kia SUV!:eek:

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Several blasts from 80-110 on I10 from CA to AZ because a woman in a Kia SUV wanted to pass me really wrecked my Hybrid S mileage. I was getting in the 30s, then it dropped into the low 20s. I just couldn't let her pass me in a Kia SUV!:eek:
I had a similar situation with a VW. Sometimes you just have to let it go.

Reactions: avanti5010

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
I have a boatload of flyer miles that are supposed to expire in 2015. With friends in CA and family in TX, I just may have to rent a Q50 (assuming the usual suspects offer it and not just a G37). I can use the cash saved off the flight as an excuse to indulge.:eek:

It sounds like this car is an interstate-eater. That's one of my favorite traits of every Nissan sedan we've had, dating from a 95 Maxima up to the 03 G35. They are fast, effortless, comfortable cruisers almost like a Mercedes. It sounds like the Q50 has gone full Mercedes and is, if anything, too effortless and comfortable at speed. Hey Infiniti, maybe you can borrow MB's coffee cup icon when the car reads your dreary eyes.:D

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I forgot to mention how useful the Waze app was on this trip. It was very helpful in pointing out the Road Tax Collectors. Virginia was loaded with them, and with the V1 turned off, it was the only defense available.

I just looked to see if there was a dedicated Q50 group, in Waze. There wasn't one, so I started Infiniti Q50 Owners Club. I really don't know what good it might be. It could be useful in getting to a future meet. Or in seeing if any members are near you, on the road.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.