Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am used to driving a truck and the road noise is very quite. Now, I had a 2010 G37x for 2 years and the road noise was pretty loud. Are the new Q50 quieter or just the same at the G37?

·
Registered
65 Posts
run flat tires are crappy for road noises. Swapping them out so will update later.

I find the Q50 louder than my bmw at high speed. In the garage, the engine noise is muted so I think it's pretty good.

will let someone comment in regards to noise vs. the older gen.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Ive had my car (Non Hybrid / Tech / 19" rims) for about 24 hours and have looked at replacing the run flats with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3's. The road noise of the run flats is not terrible on perfect roads BUT if there are any road issues at all they are WAY loud. My plan is to store the run flats and replace them when i sell in 4 years..

Besides the tires the car is really quiet on the open road. I came from a IS350 (quiet car) and besides the tires the "quietness" is comparable.

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
On side streets it is fine. On highway speeds, the RFTs are pretty load. But still not as bad IMO as the G37. Still, replacing the RFTs with Michelins A/S 3 will only help.

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Just traded in my '11 G37x for a Q50S and the road noise is quantum leaps better. I can actually hold a civilized Bluetooth conversation without screaming. That alone is a win. It's the way a $55k luxury car should be.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
Coming from a 2010 G37 sedan, I am pleased with a decrease in road noise as well as an increase in cornering and overall drivability in my Q50S with Infiniti's new 1 piece rear suspension.

Reactions: chicagokevo

·
Registered
39 Posts
i have the Dunlap RFT,s on the sport 19" seems quite to me but my previous cars where a Tocoma TRD offroad & a Corolla. both have Mich's on them but neither can really be considered quite.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Coming from a G37 I did found it was quieter but thing I noticed is that if a car is passing next to my driver side i could hear it quit well and found it irritating.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
Q50 definitely quieter than G37. Hybrid is quieter than gasser (less engine noise, plus active noise cancelling).

That must have been some truck to be quiet like that.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Q50 definitely quieter than G37. Hybrid is quieter than gasser (less engine noise, plus active noise cancelling).

That must have been some truck to be quiet like that.
Oh ya one was an F150 the other Ram 1500 both very quite. The q50 is still pretty loud com paired to those. But it is not terrible.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.