Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m new to the Infiniti Q50 hybrids and I just got a low mileage 2015 with 27,000 miles on it.. the battery is going on 6 years old how many miles should I expect to get out of it before having any problems.. also if battery replacement were necessary in the future does anyone know how much they are and the place to get the best deal.. I checked with a few dealerships in Oregon and Washington and the price for the total hybrid battery pack was around $12,000.. I’m hoping I don’t need a battery for a while as that sounds really expensive.. so far the car is running great and the battery doesn’t show any signs of any problems but just wanted to get an idea from anyone what the cost might be or if there’s other options to keeping these hybrids on the road longer without being out such a outrageous price..

·
Registered
2016 Hybrid 3.5 SportTech RWD
761 Posts
I don't worry too much with my Hybrid. Normally these batteries are good for eight+ years and 100k+ miles or more. The prices for replacement you'll read about differ from 1.5 to 15k USD. There are remanufactured batteries (change of faulty cells) in the market (see first link). And even the prices at an Infiniti dealer shouldn't reach 10k USD or more...

Real prices (i.e. Nissan)

Old thread, look here!

·
Registered
116 Posts
I’m new to the Infiniti Q50 hybrids and I just got a low mileage 2015 with 27,000 miles on it.. the battery is going on 6 years old how many miles should I expect to get out of it before having any problems.. also if battery replacement were necessary in the future does anyone know how much they are and the place to get the best deal.. I checked with a few dealerships in Oregon and Washington and the price for the total hybrid battery pack was around $12,000.. I’m hoping I don’t need a battery for a while as that sounds really expensive.. so far the car is running great and the battery doesn’t show any signs of any problems but just wanted to get an idea from anyone what the cost might be or if there’s other options to keeping these hybrids on the road longer without being out such a outrageous price..
The battery should have a 10 year/100,000 mile warranty from the factory which ever comes first. Now it’s really unbelievable that the hybrid battery went out this quick. When first reading the post I thought you were referring to the 12 volt battery that’s going bad which Helps start the car and power accessories.
Please calll Infiniti consumer affairs and tell them about your situation and they will surely help you out and assist you with getting things taken care of. They will also help cover any costs considering how low mileage the car is. They will send out of an master technician from Infiniti that is experienced with hybrid cars and will check and determine the proper measure to fix the car and they will also help you determine if all these repairs will be covered by them.

Infiniti Consumer affairs Call: 1-800-662-6200

·
Registered
761 Posts
No need to call Infiniti CC if everything's working fine...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The battery should have a 10 year/100,000 mile warranty from the factory which ever comes first. Now it’s really unbelievable that the hybrid battery went out this quick. When first reading the post I thought you were referring to the 12 volt battery that’s going bad which Helps start the car and power accessories.
Please calll Infiniti consumer affairs and tell them about your situation and they will surely help you out and assist you with getting things taken care of. They will also help cover any costs considering how low mileage the car is. They will send out of an master technician from Infiniti that is experienced with hybrid cars and will check and determine the proper measure to fix the car and they will also help you determine if all these repairs will be covered by them.

Infiniti Consumer affairs Call: 1-800-662-6200

·
Registered
116 Posts
My battery is still working good at 27,000 miles and going on 6 years old I was just wondering how long they typically last and how much they cost to replace..
Damn, my bad for miss interpreting your post lol. The battery typically are good for 150,000 miles or more so before they really degrade to the point of replacement. If you look at the odometer there is a seperate hybrid battery mileage odometer on the small display that will show you exactly how many miles the hybrid system has been driven. For instance I have 66,000 miles on my 2015 Hybrid Q50S and they hybrid system only has 12,000 miles total. So this is a good indicator of how long your battery will last.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Damn, my bad for miss interpreting your post lol. The battery typically are good for 150,000 miles or more so before they really degrade to the point of replacement. If you look at the odometer there is a seperate hybrid battery mileage odometer on the small display that will show you exactly how many miles the hybrid system has been driven. For instance I have 66,000 miles on my 2015 Hybrid Q50S and they hybrid system only has 12,000 miles total. So this is a good indicator of how long your battery will last.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So if I’m understanding you correctly it’s when the EV odometer reaches around 150,000 that the battery typically starts to degrade..

·
Registered
761 Posts
The EV odometer only shows the miles driven in EV mode. But the Hybrid Battery additionally works frequently e.g. while accelerating. Warranty or information about probable duration of life refers to total driven miles...

·
Premium Member
3,000 Posts
My 2014 Q50 Hybrid battery is being replaced by the dealer as car had P30EB code, luckily it's covered by the hybrid warranty (8yrs/100000 miles).

·
Registered
761 Posts
You could write an answer directly under the quote in a single post...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts