Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spoke to my dealer yesterday. Had an issue where my pre-ordered hybrid was promised for 8/2 and is now still in Japan. Sales manager called me back that they were called on Friday and hybrids are on indefinite delay. Has anyone heard similar, or is he feeding m a line of bull? Considering switching to a gasser at this point.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Bull.. hybrids aren't coming in as quick as non-hybrids.. not so much a "delay" as just the way they were produced and shipped. Could it have been promised for 8/2 and not be there yet? Yes.. I have a customer waiting on a hybrid now that Ive been trying to expedite for the same reason. So maybe not bull.. really depends on exsctly what you were told I guess..

·
Registered
325 Posts
Bull.. hybrids aren't coming in as quick as non-hybrids.. not so much a "delay" as just the way they were produced and shipped. Could it have been promised for 8/2 and not be there yet? Yes.. I have a customer waiting on a hybrid now that Ive been trying to expedite for the same reason. So maybe not bull.. really depends on exsctly what you were told I guess..
Just reread.. if it is still in Japan, I cant imagine it was ever promised for 8/2.. if it was buried at the port and delayed, I would say theres a very good chance it was true

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
I figured I would wait until Tuesday to check the status of my order. With so much going on with the update, I didn't figure I could get an answer until after the update and cars were actually moving off of the lots.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hybrid delay?

My dealer has several hybrids on their lot, and has had them for almost 2 wks now. My sales guy called me and said that mine was set to be delivered to them On Monday. So I'm not sure if there is a delay. If there is it must be a recent delay.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I ordered a hybrid premium and was originally told it would arrive Aug 2. Now the dealer said probably till mid to end of month but they don't have VIN. Meanwhile there are a few hybrids on lot although not like my config..

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
325 Posts
I ordered a hybrid premium and was originally told it would arrive Aug 2. Now the dealer said probably till mid to end of month but they don't have VIN. Meanwhile there are a few hybrids on lot although not like my config..

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
If it is that close they should have the vin.. pm me your dealer and exact configuration on the hybrid if you want me to check

Reactions: tt_45

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
If it is that close they should have the vin.. pm me your dealer and exact configuration on the hybrid if you want me to check
My dealer wouldn't give me the VIN number of mine when I asked explaining I needed it for insurance quotes. :(

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
My sales manager gave me my VIN - actually the entire order sheet that shows the entire configuration - before I left on vacation. I tried "Binging" it, and it says that there's no record, but I assume it's because it isn't listed on the Internet. Jason, if the car doesn't arrive by mid-week, would you run a search for me also? It would be much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
If you can get the vin for the car I can run it and check for you
Hey JasonH - I just wanted to say thank you for your continual offers to check on people's VIN's and their status. Not only do you not make any money doing this, it could also cost you money if you are on a computer when a buyer walks into your dealership.

I think that's a great thing you are offering to do for folks and I appreciate it. If I don't end up buying nearby at the dealership I've been working with on my order, I will definitely PM you to talk about getting the car from you.

Thanks!

·
Registered
325 Posts
My sales manager gave me my VIN - actually the entire order sheet that shows the entire configuration - before I left on vacation. I tried "Binging" it, and it says that there's no record, but I assume it's because it isn't listed on the Internet. Jason, if the car doesn't arrive by mid-week, would you run a search for me also? It would be much appreciated.
Yeah.. it only takes a minute if I have a vin.. can usually find it without it but its harder and I could miss it

·
Registered
325 Posts
Hey JasonH - I just wanted to say thank you for your continual offers to check on people's VIN's and their status. Not only do you not make any money doing this, it could also cost you money if you are on a computer when a buyer walks into your dealership.

I think that's a great thing you are offering to do for folks and I appreciate it. If I don't end up buying nearby at the dealership I've been working with on my order, I will definitely PM you to talk about getting the car from you.

Thanks!
Not that far from Philly! Lol.. no prob though

Reactions: jkay
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.