Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I waited until updates were happening and cars moving off of the lots before I queried my dealer on my vehicle status. Initially I was expecting late August for my Pre-Order. He said there is a delay on Hybrids and he doesn't have much information right now but they just moved the delivery out to October. He did not have a VIN for the car. OUCH!
He expected the financing numbers to change a couple times between now and then but said based on their August numbers. I would be looking at $549/mo using 9 MSDs. $594 with Calif Sales Tax. For me it is not an urgent situation but still a bit disappointing. I guess I'll keep lumbering along in my 7.4 liter 3/4 ton Suburban.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Well, I have the VIN for my car, and it originally had an ETA of 8/2. It is somewhere in the country. Maybe they are delaying the ones that were late in being pre-ordered? Who knows?

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All right there in my signature.
PreOrdered
Q50 Hybrid Premium, Non sport
RWD
Nav and Deluxe Technology.
Basically that $6400 option on the pre-order page.
Venetian Ruby exterior
Stone/Maple Interior.

No other options ordered.

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Late in Pre-Order. I guess you could say that. I ordered on Saturday June 29 which was prior to the Pre-Order deadline. Dealer entered the order the following week and received a build confirmation indicating for 8/13 a few weeks later. Today he queried the system and got the October date. Sounds like there is still something wrong in the town of BlackRock.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
We're not having any delay in Hybrid delivery. I delivered my first pre-ordered hybrid yesterday. A couple others are in stock, and quite a few are due in the next few days.

Reactions: avanti5010

·
Registered
7 Posts
Doyle, bless your soul for being even keeled about this. I would have flipped and cancelled everything if my pre order got delayed until Oct.

Hope this is not the case for you and I'm wondering why your dealership doesn't have a VIN# for you yet.

I'm thinking if my car doesn't come in Aug, I will cancel.

·
Registered
276 Posts
We're not having any delay in Hybrid delivery. I delivered my first pre-ordered hybrid yesterday. A couple others are in stock, and quite a few are due in the next few days.
You say a few in the next few days. Are these cars that still show week of 8/2 delivery and are at the port, or do you somehow know they are in transit?

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Pre ordered in may. Graphite Shadow Hybrid Premium with nav and tech package. Added approach lighting, illuminated kick plates, ambient lighting. Dealer here in AZ told me 8/2, then I got the "it's at the port" last week then on Monday I got "two day" and yesterday no word at all. My salesman has time after time said "I will know more on x day when so and so talks to infiniti." I guess only one dude can talk to infiniti and he is out of the office more than he is in. All the info I get is because I call. I have never had to work so hard to give a car dealer $50K+. And I am paying sticker price, no haggling. Very frustrating. If I could find the car at another dealer I would switch immediately.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Steelhunter,

If it makes you feel better, I pre- ordered from a dealer in NJ, had a couple of conversations and waited for the car to come in.

I sent some emails regarding hammering out pricing and to see if the car could be drop shipped close to me and got no reply.

The guy finally sent me a fax with the build details, which included stuff I did not order (the illuminated kick plates and mud flaps).

I told the guy I would not accept that stuff and got no reply.

After that I cancelled the order and purchased locally.

Take home message from me, no service equals no sale.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Steelhunter,

If it makes you feel better, I pre- ordered from a dealer in NJ, had a couple of conversations and waited for the car to come in.

I sent some emails regarding hammering out pricing and to see if the car could be drop shipped close to me and got no reply.

The guy finally sent me a fax with the build details, which included stuff I did not order (the illuminated kick plates and mud flaps).

I told the guy I would not accept that stuff and got no reply.

After that I cancelled the order and purchased locally.

Take home message from me, no service equals no sale.
AWD, I feel like I know exactly which dealership you are talking about. I'm having some serious service issues at mine. I'm amazed they are still in business.

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have engaged the Infiniti Facebook people so should hear something shortly. In light of the recent delay history, I'll give this a little time to work itself out.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Pre ordered in may. Graphite Shadow Hybrid Premium with nav and tech package. Added approach lighting, illuminated kick plates, ambient lighting. Dealer here in AZ told me 8/2, then I got the "it's at the port" last week then on Monday I got "two day" and yesterday no word at all. My salesman has time after time said "I will know more on x day when so and so talks to infiniti." I guess only one dude can talk to infiniti and he is out of the office more than he is in. All the info I get is because I call. I have never had to work so hard to give a car dealer $50K+. And I am paying sticker price, no haggling. Very frustrating. If I could find the car at another dealer I would switch immediately.
If I had to guess, and let's be honest, with this launch we ALL have to guess, those cool extra bits I highlighted are the culprit. Infiniti likey set up the first pre-order run with the intention of building a limited set of option packages and no ala carte options to streamline production. Your car sounds like a true special order. You probably will have no problem getting your hands on a Graphite Hybrid Premium/Nav/Tech as an existing inventory car, but if you have to have that other stuff it sounds like you may be at the back of the production line, so to speak.

It also sounds like your dealer is doing everything imaginable to keep you on the hook... a little bait, some misdirection, some outright falsehoods. You may want to ask him how quickly he can lay his hands on a the same car without the extras.

·
Registered
143 Posts
The dealer is the same one that one of our really informative posters works at.

I bought my Lexus from their sister shop in 05 and had the best buying experience ever.

Things started fine at the Infiniti shop as I was talking with the sales manager. Once I started working with the sales guy it starting getting less positive and then pretty much got to the crappy zone.

I tried to go very local in the beginning but the 2 most local Infiniti dealers to my home and work did not impress me in terms of the buying experience.

I continue to believe that sales folks are good at selling cars they have in stock. Anything beyond that leads to issues.

Once I gave up on he NJ shop I contacted other IL shops as well as MO, MN and IN shops who had cars of interest that I found on Autotrader.com and Cars.com.

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
If I had to guess, and let's be honest, with this launch we ALL have to guess, those cool extra bits I highlighted are the culprit. Infiniti likey set up the first pre-order run with the intention of building a limited set of option packages and no ala carte options to streamline production. Your car sounds like a true special order. You probably will have no problem getting your hands on a Graphite Hybrid Premium/Nav/Tech as an existing inventory car, but if you have to have that other stuff it sounds like you may be at the back of the production line, so to speak.

It also sounds like your dealer is doing everything imaginable to keep you on the hook... a little bait, some misdirection, some outright falsehoods. You may want to ask him how quickly he can lay his hands on a the same car without the extras.
Those extra highlighted options are installed at the port in LA, not at the factory.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Those extra highlighted options are installed at the port in LA, not at the factory.
The illuminated sill plates sound like something that could be added anytime. Not sure how they install ambient lighting and approach lighting post-build though. Is approach lighting just an extra downward facing lamp in the exterior mirrors?

Maybe there's a problem getting those actual parts from Japan?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.