Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It would be great to see dyno results for these cars

I searched for some dyno numbers for the current M35h for a baseline and came up empty

Infiniti does not seem to be communicating what the net
torque number for the hybrid will be

Theoretically it should be over 450 ft lbs (prior to drivetrain losses) when the two motors are doing their things together

Hopefully we will see some data for the RWD and AWD hybrids as well as for the 3.7s

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Not that simple both motors on Infiniti Hybrid designed to give you best mileage not power (torque).

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
As stated a few months ago, the torque bands don't necessarily overlap so you can't approximate total torque output as a single number derived from the 3.5l engine and the motor added together. Not only that but I don't think the electric motor is full time, it comes and goes depending on circumstances.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your replies

That is why it would be fun to see what the curves look like
I would expect some on and off from the e motor

BMW quotes a max torque for the active 3 Hybrid of 400 I believe

·
Registered
260 Posts
The test of the M35h by TTAC is still the best info IMO:
Review: 2012 Infiniti M35h Hybrid | The Truth About Cars
Note also the warning about the battery boost not lasting long, that Q50Aggie also reported in the other thread.
Hybrid systems like Toyota’s Hybrid Synergy Drive combine the motor and engine numbers in a way that is not simple addition (google is you must know why), however Infiniti’s system is easy to figure: the peak number is achieved where the HP and torque curves of the engine and motor meet, making the M35h good for a combined 360HP at 6,500RPM and approximately 410lb-ft at 5200RPM. Note: Our combined torque number is an estimate as Infniti does not officially list a combined rating; the “online” 457lb-ft numbers floating around are not accurate according to Infiniti because when the V6′s 258lb-ft peak does not align with the motor’s 199lb-ft peak.

The high torque of the electric motor from very low RPMs make the M35h far faster than the numbers on paper would imply, we easily recorded 5.2 second runs to 60MPH with our lowest taking only 5.03 seconds. The low 1.9 second sprint to 30MPH (the M56 takes 2.3) is perhaps the most telling number because by the time the spedo crested 100 the M35h had lost its lead on the V8 powered M56 clocking a 13.5 second ¼ mile at 103MPH (vs 13.4 at 106 for the V8). Part of the reason the performance is so good is the weight gain, at only 276lbs heavier than the M37, the M35h manages to be 99-lbs heavier than the M56 and slips in just below the AWD M56x on the scales. (The Lexus GS450h is only five pounds heavier.) Stoplight racers be warned however, that after a few 0-60 runs the battery and motor heat up enough that the control circuitry puts the kibosh on at least a portion of the electric assist and by the 6th back-to-back 0-60 run our times had risen to 6.2 seconds.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Very nice vid Shend! I hope that Infiniti will do more like that one in the future!! Definitely gets your attention!

Agreed. It's the type of advertising that Infiniti has been lacking(except for the winter one against the BMW).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.