Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know that I have posted this on other threads, it was related to those threads, but I wanted to open a new thread for it so it doesn't die buried on those others. If you have some other EV videos then post them here.

One more thing, sorry about the shaky and bumpy video but as you can see there was a lot of traffic and I couldn't keep focusing on the Video alone, also, if you don't like Marc Anthony and/or Salsa Music, turn down your Speaker volume as that was what I was hearing all the way....There is now way that I can have a Family Trip without any music on the radio, neither my wife nor my daughters will let me do it. :)

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Wow! Over 4 minutes in EV and 4.4 miles (I think). That's very impressive. Great job. I wish you put the Energy Flow instead of the EV Odometer in the center display screen. Next time, when you have a chance.

·
Registered
410 Posts
how the heck did you manage to pull that off especially in Standard mode? Were you gently pressing the gas pedal and I presume the highway was straight the entire way.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
how the heck did you manage to pull that off especially in Standard mode? Were you gently pressing the gas pedal and I presume the highway was straight the entire way.
Well, it's all due to terrain/geography where I live (Puerto Rico), those 4.4 miles are not the higher I've had, I've got 5 miles about 3 times already, and in the same trip I've had 2 or 3 stretches like that, over 4 miles. On this specific video there were long stretches of downhills then straight roads the rest was to let the car cruise as much as possible, pressing the gas pedal as slightly as needed to keep it cruising at that speed until the next uphill arrived.

My daily commute also has long stretches where I can do this long EV continuous mileage, and I simply always try to get the most of it. But again, it all depends on a lot of factors and I know most of you guys maybe don't have the same road conditions, but like I've always said here, in my case and situation, I do take advantage of all of it.

BTW. Eco mode is not the best answer to get better MPG on our hybrids, on the gasser, it is.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.