Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like the idea of the hybrid - more performance, the leather std, sports suspension & of course better MPG.

I know the MPG gallon value has been discussed many times.

My question is in regards to the resale value of the Hybrid vs the gas.

If the Q50 Hybrid retains at least the same % of value or greater vs the gas, then I think the Hybrid is a no brainer, if you plan on keeping the car for awhile. I plan on keeping the car for 5 years.

The current G's have a high residual value. But if the Hybrid comes in at a less % of the original value compared to the gas, I'm not sure it would be a good value for the hybrid.

I've done some homework. Some hybrids have less % value to there counterpart gas and some hybrids have higher or the same.

Any thoughts on the resale value of the Q50 Hybrid?

Example; current g's have about a 57% residual at 3 years (I'm not sure about 5 years). Will the Hybrid's have the same % value?

Thanks..

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
If gas prices continue to rise or even simply stay at where they are right now, I cannot see a reason why the hybrid would not be able to hold the same proportional residual value as the standard Q50.
Agreed! With better gas mileage and better acceleration than its gas counterpart, I think itll give u a nice resale value! I think the only downsides the hybrid has are the smaller trunk and the absence of split folding rear seats which would require its gas counterpart the deluxe touring package anyways!

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Hybrid Batteries and electric system has longer warranty (8 years), just on this fact alone the hybrid will have better resale value. IMO

·
Registered
51 Posts
Well if were basing that on gas alone, then here in the great state of Calif. the excise tax is going up on Mon(tomorrow), so the one with the larger tank will pay more at the pump.

The hybrid interests me purely on the better gas mileage. I have looked down the road in terms of hybrid battery replacement.

Using the Prius, and the cost of replacement appears to be around $3000.00......:eek:steep!!! There are some who have bought partially used/slavaged hybrid batteries and have installed them for around 1200.00. Of course the owner did the work themselves. In the case of the Prius, you literally have to remove the entire rear seat and numerous 10mm bolts just to get to the battery. Severe pain in the ass.

Although the Q50 battery is located in the rear seat, I did not have the opportunity to see how complicated it will be to replace it ourselves????
I looked over the car it appears very close to the G35/37 in terms of servicing oil, accessory belts, in cabin filter and air filter. What blew my mind is Infiniti went back to the clam style air filter, just like my G35 Coupe. Did not like that design at all, I don't know why they didn't continue with latest gen, where it was 2 clips and you slid the old filter element out and the new one in, and have both sides done in 5mins. From what I can see, in the new Q50 it appears there are 2 mounting bolts, not sure if there are additional nipples that seat into the wheel well area???

Are there any members that have factored in the cost of maintenance of the Hybrid batt???

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well if were basing that on gas alone, then here in the great state of Calif. the excise tax is going up on Mon(tomorrow), so the one with the larger tank will pay more at the pump.

The hybrid interests me purely on the better gas mileage. I have looked down the road in terms of hybrid battery replacement.

Using the Prius, and the cost of replacement appears to be around $3000.00......:eek:steep!!! There are some who have bought partially used/slavaged hybrid batteries and have installed them for around 1200.00. Of course the owner did the work themselves. In the case of the Prius, you literally have to remove the entire rear seat and numerous 10mm bolts just to get to the battery. Severe pain in the ass.

Although the Q50 battery is located in the rear seat, I did not have the opportunity to see how complicated it will be to replace it ourselves????
I looked over the car it appears very close to the G35/37 in terms of servicing oil, accessory belts, in cabin filter and air filter. What blew my mind is Infiniti went back to the clam style air filter, just like my G35 Coupe. Did not like that design at all, I don't know why they didn't continue with latest gen, where it was 2 clips and you slid the old filter element out and the new one in, and have both sides done in 5mins. From what I can see, in the new Q50 it appears there are 2 mounting bolts, not sure if there are additional nipples that seat into the wheel well area???

Are there any members that have factored in the cost of maintenance of the Hybrid batt???
Bear in mind that this is only applicable if you plan on keeping the car for at least 8 years. Personally, I could never see myself owning a car for more than 7 (more realistically, probably 5), so this would not be an issue for me since the battery would be under warranty throughout the entire duration of me owning the car.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
I think the residuals are 1% higher on the M35h as compared to the M37, so I'm hoping the same with the Q50 hybrid.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.