Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
'17 SS
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading to work, guy ran a red and takes a left in front of me I swerve and still hit him and some construction cones. He continues on his way and I didn’t catch his plates or car. How’s your Friday going?

·
Registered
2018 Luxe AWD, Stock + JB4
299 Posts
Oh that sucks! Hopefully with all the surveillance in this world he/she gets busted! Hope they had a good reason to run an not just skirt their responsibility...could be jail time for leaving the scene!

·
Registered
2020 Q50 RS AWD
75 Posts
Damn, sorry to hear man. That's horrible

Reactions: Batell

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
That really sucks, glad you are not hurt.
This is an instance when a dash cam would have been very helpful.

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
Awe that's awful sorry to hear that bud, glad you didn't get hurt though not always so lucky.

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
4,662 Posts
Hopefully Karma will catch up with him at his next drug deal. People suck. Best of luck with the insurance / body shop tango.

·
Registered
57 Posts
In the same boat bro smh 🤦🏽‍♂️. I was involved in a hit and run last week . The guy pulled over to fix his tailpipe and then skrrtteeed off. I got his tags though thank God 🙏🏽.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
12,825 Posts
Another reason to have a dashcam in your car.

·
Premium Member
'17 SS
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the love you guys. Damage is worse than it looks… seems like a dash cam is in order. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2020 Q50 RS AWD
75 Posts
In the same boat bro smh . I was involved in a hit and run last week . The guy pulled over to fix his tailpipe and then skrrtteeed off. I got his tags though thank God .
Damnnn...glad you got pics of the plates tho, and the guy

Reactions: Jibricb

·
Premium Member
'17 SS
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
In the same boat bro smh 🤦🏽‍♂️. I was involved in a hit and run last week . The guy pulled over to fix his tailpipe and then skrrtteeed off. I got his tags though thank God 🙏🏽.
Ouch, that one hurts. At least you have the plates! running is a felony charge I believe

Reactions: Jibricb

·
Registered
2020 Q50 RS AWD
75 Posts
Thanks for all the love you guys. Damage is worse than it looks… seems like a dash cam is in order. Any suggestions?
I have the Blackvue DR-900x 2ch. 4k front 1080p rear. Love it so far. But pricey. Starts around $4-500.

Heard great things about Thinkware U-1000, similar price range for the dual setup.

·
Premium Member
'17 SS
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh that sucks! Hopefully with all the surveillance in this world he/she gets busted! Hope they had a good reason to run an not just skirt their responsibility...could be jail time for leaving the scene!
It was a dark morning when it happened, I only saw that it was a white sedan and that’s it. Police officer informed me that realistically, it may not happen that they find them.

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
Let me check my back inventory, my clients an insurance broker and has a recommended model. ;)

·
Premium Member
'17 SS
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have the Blackvue DR-900x 2ch. 4k front 1080p rear. Love it so far. But pricey. Starts around $4-500.

Heard great things about Thinkware U-1000, similar price range for the dual setup.
Oof that’s a bit pricey, but may be worth the piece of mind.

Reactions: styles

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
Recommended model is BlackVue DR590W from my client, only downside I see is the power is from the 12V outlet and
if you go with some accessories it can get pricey.

Alternative for a bare-bones dashcam would be something from Garmin similar to below.

Reactions: Batell and styles

·
Registered
2020 Q50 RS AWD
75 Posts
Oof that’s a bit pricey, but may be worth the piece of mind.
Yea def pricey. Vortex Radar and Blackboxmycar on YouTube has a bunch of great reviews.

Viofo has some good budget options as well.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
I use the Garmin Dashcam 55. It was about $250 but I’m not sure if it is still available.

·
Registered
2018 White Q50RS RWD
88 Posts
Sorry man! That's always a crap feeling (even without a hit-and-run)

Here's another cheaper one ($70):
Apexcam Dash Cam

No personal experience with it, but their Faux-Pro (M80 Pro) got fairly good reviews.

·
Registered
2014 3.7, 14 Hybrid S, 17 Silver sport, 17 Red Sport, now 18 Signature.
1,874 Posts
Sorry buddy, I hope your Insurance doesn't give you a hard time fixing your car, but that feeling that your car was hit, remains.:mad:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts