·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Yeah its a pretty nice feature.

·
Registered
585 Posts
it's a silly feature.
I don't agree. I found it valuable when I was travelling up North a few weeks ago. Left my house when it was still sunny out and not too cold. As I was heading North, the sun went down and a front moved in. The temperature dropped 20 degrees in an hour and roads that were fine started to ice up.

I was warm and snug in my car - I had no way to know that it was getting that cold (and I wasn't paying that close attention to the weather outside). I got this warning, and I was thankful it came up because rain from earlier in the day was starting to freeze on bridges and overpasses.

·
Registered
60 Posts
For those who find it more annoying than helpful (like me), it is easy enough to disable. Go to Menu -> Settings -> Meter -> Alarms -> Outside Temperature.

Reactions: SnowItch

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
It was around 30 degrees Friday night and I got that warning for the first time. Like it has been mentioned before, its usefulness depends on the situation that you're in.

If you find it annoying, it's easy enough to just press the little button on the steering wheel to make it go away. I'd rather leave it active and not forget than to turn it off completely and forget about it

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
It's not annoying to me - I thought it was funny the first time I got the message in my G. I guess if you're on a road trip at just the right time it could be useful(as SnowItch stated). When it comes up, just hit the button on the steering wheel, and it goes away - no big deal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.