Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in the market for an SUV since it suits my lifestyle better (I do a lot of outdoors stuff like hiking, camping etc.) even though I do not like driving SUVs but I came across the Q50 and I really hate it - not the Q50 itself but the fact that making a decision to buy an SUV has become that much harder :mad:

I absolutely love this vehicle inside and out. I love the bold styling and the fantastic interior and the 328hp engine. Full marks to Infiniti on this one!! I bet this is going to be a lot of fun to drive. I really think this is a very well executed vehicle.

I'm thinking perhaps I can go in for the AWD model. 95% of the time I am on asphalt so it shouldn't be an issue but for the 5% of the time I need to go on a gravel road or rough pavement I will be out of luck. I think perhaps I can live with that...I have to think about it :eek:

Well, I will have to think about it because it's a beautiful car :D

Anyone have any mpg figures for the Q50?

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
I was in the market for an SUV since it suits my lifestyle better (I do a lot of outdoors stuff like hiking, camping etc.) even though I do not like driving SUVs but I came across the Q50 and I really hate it - not the Q50 itself but the fact that making a decision to buy an SUV has become that much harder :mad:

I absolutely love this vehicle inside and out. I love the bold styling and the fantastic interior and the 328hp engine. Full marks to Infiniti on this one!! I bet this is going to be a lot of fun to drive. I really think this is a very well executed vehicle.

I'm thinking perhaps I can go in for the AWD model. 95% of the time I am on asphalt so it shouldn't be an issue but for the 5% of the time I need to go on a gravel road or rough pavement I will be out of luck. I think perhaps I can live with that...I have to think about it :eek:

Well, I will have to think about it because it's a beautiful car :D

Anyone have any mpg figures for the Q50?
Very tricky thread title ... Before I read your post I was thinking to my self I hope he bought a FLAME retardant suit... But I agree so far I think Infiniti will have a winner on it hands if they go back to the current G packaging system...

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
Buy an EX37 or FX37 (aka QX50 or QX70).

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
How bad are the area's you drive through that you need an SUV for? If it's just mild off-road terrain you should be fine with an all wheel drive Infiniti Q50. Just make sure you don't want to bling it out with bigger wheels on low profile tires, then you'll run into real problems on those terrain's

·
Registered
67 Posts
Just be aware that having AWD and an SUV might suffice your need for all those circumstances but there is a trade off. Your mpgs will be significantly lower on an awd and also for an SUV for the weight. Not to mention the tire life from going off pavement in to different terrains. If you camp enough it would make sense.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.