Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is an excellent forum. I read much more than I post, but it seems there are a lot of complaints posted here, including some that seem legitimate and some that seem somewhat petty.

I am posting this because I would guess that many people search these forums prior to making a decision on the car to buy and there aren't too many here talking about what they really like about the Q50. And this is coming from somebody who's steering locked up earlier.

I am in my mid 40s and have come off back to back leases. G37x and prior to that G35x. So prior to getting into my Q50 (non-hybrid, non-sport, but DAS), I had 78 straight months of Infiniti experience.

What do I like? The first thing is the looks. I love the way the car looks on the inside and out. I feel good everyday that I look at the outside and feel great when I turn it on and sit in it.

Next, I really like the drive. It is different from the G37. It is not meant to be a G37. The drive is much more refined. This is what I wanted. It is noticeably quieter, but make no mistake, it is just as fast.

The winter driving is excellent. I live in very bad winter conditions. I use 4 very good snow tires on my all wheel drive vehicles. I set up a winter driving profile in my car. I set it to winter and the steering to heavy. It is like driving on velcro. My wife's vehicle is an all wheel drive SUV with 4 snow tires, and I like my car on the snow better.

I am now used to the controls and the touch screen and it has become second nature. Very easy to use.

Negatives: Slow electronics at startup. I am used to it now and it does not affect my morning commute. I start the car and I drive, knowing that in 30-45 seconds, all features will be working. The main features like climate controls work immediately. I am hoping that software updates speed this up, but I have learned to live with it. The depth of the trunk space is not great with the spare. Much shallower than my G37.

Overall, knowing what I know now, after having the car for almost 4 months, I would buy it all over again. I love the way it looks, I love the way it drives.

I smile every time I press the start button. That is how I judge a car!

Happy holidays to all.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I love mine too except that same negative you have. It is software and probably hardware would help. In the software, I would suggest Infiniti to speed up the basic processes first to be running (Air, audio control, etc) then have a list of non essential processes to be user customizable and prioritizable (i.e. clock, etc). That definitely helps. From hardware, that would require re-call which is costing company money to upgrade (very unlikely).

I am an engineer and what I learned from life and working to create new things everyday is that you can't ever satisfied everyone. We just have to accept that that what makes us unique. In my case, I will try to be more open mind and accept the challenges and treat them as feedback if it makes sense (goes back to resource allocation). However, there is a case where some people don't understand why it is done that way or this way. This is the part sometimes I feel it is a waste of time because I have to educate them.

To me, Q50 performs fine. Those issue with intouch and DAS are expected (from my point of view) because of its first generation. Again to me, they are still in acceptable issue (DAS is only 25 and only in cold condition). I see that Infiniti already narrowed it down and took care of it long before the announcement came out. It is also challanging for Dealer mechanics too because it is new to them.

I think their biggest mistake is advertising Q50 as G37 replacement which I think it is a different animal and we tend to compare them (which if you notice what consumer report gives negative feedback). Listen to them completely, they don't say any negative issue other than it is not G37 anymore.

Again, there is always lemon car. There is no such thing call perfection on every single batch. Some people also tries to justify the price and their expectation.

just my 2 cents and not trying to offend anyone. If you are happy, I am glad you are happy. If not, hey, you can always trade up with something else and let us know what do you think.

(I wish Infiniti maintains their signature tail lights on Q50. Maybe because they want to be separated from Nissan).

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
You should be able to turn on and control the air conditioning with hard physical button even before the Intouch software is loading. As for the volume button. You should be able to control the volume once the song start playing while the Intouch software is loading. Both work fine on mine.
Do you have the latest software update (October v1.9 or 6.3.7.6046)?

I love mine too except that same negative you have. It is software and probably hardware would help. In the software, I would suggest Infiniti to speed up the basic processes first to be running (Air, audio control, etc) then have a list of non essential processes to be user customizable and prioritizable (i.e. clock, etc). That definitely helps.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Sometimes I can't change it for some reason. It might because it is connected to my iphone because the last song was from iphone.

Yeah I could use the button for AC/Heater but I can't see what's the setting. That's fine. I was trying to give a point that Infiniti should prioritize the processes that are running to speed up. Since it is software, it is fixable without upgrading the hardware.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
It could be related to iphone. I don't use iphone. I only use USB flash drive for mp3 music. They did fixed all USB mp3 issue on the latest update.
As for AC/heater, the temperature/fan speed setting should show on the Nav screen when you press the temperature (increase/decrease) or fan speed button while the Intouch is loading.

Sometimes I can't change it for some reason. It might because it is connected to my iphone because the last song was from iphone.

Yeah I could use the button for AC/Heater but I can't see what's the setting. That's fine. I was trying to give a point that Infiniti should prioritize the processes that are running to speed up. Since it is software, it is fixable without upgrading the hardware.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I can't believe no one is raving about the power across the RPM range the hybrid has.
Sometimes it's scarey fast compared to my G35.
I decided to slingshot myself coming out of a left hand turn probably doing 10MPH once I hit the straight away and I was dong 50 by the time I finished blinking.

The overall ride quality on the sport model is outstanding to.
Or at least it is compared to other cards I've driven and ridden in.

The more I drive it, the happier I am that I got a Hybrid Sport.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.