Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Q50S
534 Posts
I don't think the factory ECU can launch hard enough to get there but who knows. I dropped .9 going from jb4 to tune in my 0-60. 4.5 to 3.6

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
I can’t recall any JB4 Qs getting into the threes. Maybe with the right supporting mods, tires, and conditions. But once that much is put into the car, you might as well get a tune and take full advantage of those mods.

·
Registered
2019 Q50 luxe awd Jb4, ams intakes, FI cbe, boosted6auto ldp, sprint booster
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah that’s what I was thinking, but wanted another input thank you! I’m gonna wait until after the snow clears up to start looking for tuners

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Racebox is highly recommended. If you wanted to tune yourself, HPT is very affordable and I’ve been told has great customer service to help you with it.

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
I haven't seen it. I've been 4.2 when I was JB4 and RWD which is the fastest 0 to 60 in a RWD untuned that I've seen. Just too much throttle limiting on launch with the stock tune.

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
I’ve been trying to play with my map 6 and so far no luck
It's going to be more about launching technique than anything else assuming good weather and traction.

·
Registered
2017 Q50S
534 Posts
I couldn't even spin the run flats with my JB4 and AWD. Definitely a frustrating feeling lol. This was in January too
You're AWD so it's certainly possible.
It's going to be more about launching technique than anything else assuming good weather and traction.

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
I couldn't even spin the run flats with my JB4 and AWD. Definitely a frustrating feeling lol. This was in January too
It's certainly significantly more difficult to launch hard when you're handcuffed from the stock tune lol. I'm not entirely sure it's possible unless the car is gutting.

·
Registered
2017 infiniti Q50 AWD
1,908 Posts
If I happen to get anything under 4.2 I’ll post it
With AWD it'll be a bit harder on a JB4 to hit 4.29 being about 150lbs heavier than a RWD.
With JB4 having no LC traction is a non issue for RWDs so they got the advantage.
But you are very close to breaking that though. Right combination of conditions, launch, shift rpm etc.. and you should have no problem.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Back when I was JB4, I was able to cut 3.9s RWD.

An AWD car should be able to cut better, probably like a 3.7 on the street. It'll take some practice with footbraking off the line, but it's doable.

Here's the JB4 custom map 6 I had back then - this is full send and only recommended if you know you've got good 93, are watching temps and timing etc, and make if you've got a full turbo back exhasut setup.

RPM 1500-7000, interval 500 +3 +3.5 +4 +5 +8 +8 +7 +7 +7 +5 +3 +0

This is on a RS400, for a SS/Luxe add 5psi to all of those.

·
Registered
2019 Q50 luxe awd Jb4, ams intakes, FI cbe, boosted6auto ldp, sprint booster
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

An AWD car should be able to cut better, probably like a 3.7 on the street. It'll take some practice with footbraking off the line, but it's doable.

Here's the JB4 custom map 6 I had back then - this is full send and only recommended if you know you've got good 93, are watching temps and timing etc, and make if you've got a full turbo back exhasut setup.

Thank you! I’ll mess around with my setting and launch methods and keep you guys updated

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
17,718 Posts

+8 PSI on a RS. You're in maxlegends territory!

Reactions: Spambam11
1 - 20 of 46 Posts