Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Q50S
532 Posts
I don't think the factory ECU can launch hard enough to get there but who knows. I dropped .9 going from jb4 to tune in my 0-60. 4.5 to 3.6

·
Registered
2017 Q50S
532 Posts
I couldn't even spin the run flats with my JB4 and AWD. Definitely a frustrating feeling lol. This was in January too
You're AWD so it's certainly possible.
It's going to be more about launching technique than anything else assuming good weather and traction.

·
Registered
2017 Q50S
532 Posts
I didn't even consider the RS models but yeah maybe the gearing and more aggressive base tune could help get it done. My AWD sport could only cut 1.9 60ft and the tires wouldn't even spin at that point. I'm not sure I've seen a AWD JB4 car go any faster than a high 1.8 60ft.
Back when I was JB4, I was able to cut 3.9s RWD.

An AWD car should be able to cut better, probably like a 3.7 on the street. It'll take some practice with footbraking off the line, but it's doable.

Here's the JB4 custom map 6 I had back then - this is full send and only recommended if you know you've got good 93, are watching temps and timing etc, and make if you've got a full turbo back exhasut setup.

RPM 1500-7000, interval 500 +3 +3.5 +4 +5 +8 +8 +7 +7 +7 +5 +3 +0

This is on a RS400, for a SS/Luxe add 5psi to all of those.

Reactions: Ddnspider

·
Registered
2017 Q50S
532 Posts
I think "Boxy" may have some experience with tuning Qs :)

·
Registered
2017 Q50S
532 Posts
My comment wasn't specifically directed at you although directly under yours. Just wasn't sure if people realized Boxy was Racebox, that does carry some weight.

But yeah I wouldn't run +13 on a JB4 but have no concerns running it on an ecutek tune. Peak boost is just exactly that but I could see someone thinking they can target hitting +13 across the whole rpm range in a JB4. JB4 is pretty dangerous in that regard in the wrong hands
All due respect Blackhawk (you have done some amazing things with your car) JB4 is limited in what it can do. Maybe he cracked the code somehow and turned it into a precise tuning instrument? But, what you do with your own car is one thing...advising someone to add +13 is not a responsible thing to do.

Reactions: jcb

·
Registered
2017 Q50S
532 Posts
I could be wrong but I think it is :)

Oh wow! I had not idea it was Racebox! I thought in that interview he had with BoostinMotion he said he did some crazy stuff with JB4 prior to learning how to tune the platform and starting Racebox.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts