Gas Machine Engineering Auto part Metal

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Rim Gas Bicycle part

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Rim Automotive exterior Differential
Gas Machine Engineering Auto part Metal
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Rim Automotive exterior Differential

Light Fluid Engineering Gas Auto part

I just found a Brand new left and right, in the boxes, full turbo assemblies with electronic wastegates and manifolds for my q50 on eBay. I went ahead and grabbed them before they were gone. They were not from the same seller. I got the right from one seller and the left from another seller both of them shipping and handling were around $650 each. I could not pass that up whereas a brand new one is around $1500. Here’s my question the right side states it is for a 2016-2020 q50/q60 300hp 3.0t. The other seller states his is for 2016-2022. Not sure what that last two years of difference is from 2020-2022 but the right side one says it is the updated version with the temp sensor omitted. And that it will need a “relearn” and apparently there is a know process for that. Now, I am not sure if the other side I bought has this temp sensor omit (I have reached out to him to ask still waiting on his reply) My question is as follows…Is there an issue if one turbo doesn’t have the omit and the other side turbo does have the temp sensor omit?
I did get this response from one seller
“Hello, good question. After the ECM is reprogrammed to omit the sensors it doesn’t matter if one side still has one or not. We replace just one side turbo often leaving a sensor turbo on the other side and the ECM will no longer look at the sensor data. We normally just unplug the other side and cut the wire clean off the sensor. You will have no issues either way. Thanks for your purchase!”

THIS SOUND RIGHT? Just want to make sure.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Yes, what they said is correct. Also, oem turbos are expensive but not $1,500. They're more like $990/ea.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, what they said is correct. Also, oem turbos are expensive but not $1,500. They're more like $990/ea.
I have yet to find an OEM turbo for under $1000 They have all been $1250 -$1500 are you sure $990 includes the wastegates and the manifolds? RT turbos are $1250 each but it is only the turbo. I found another company that sells only the turbo OEM for about $1,399. Z1 Motorsports has them for $1282.90 just the turbo nothing else, no wastegates, no manifold. I got everything minus lines, heatshields, and gaskets with shipping and tax for less than $1500.00 for the pair.

·
Registered
834 Posts
gross, you made me have to go back and look, lol. i did the due diligence and researched the prices. i remembered the one because it was pretty low, so it stuck in my mind, here's the full picture:

Driver's side turbo:

high output - 14411-5CA2C - $985.32
low output - 14411-5CA3C - $1,142.79

Pass side turbo:

high output: - 14411-5CA2D - $1143.58
low output - 14411-5CA3D - $1142.79

i can only assume that since its from a dealership, this is a complete assembly. i dont think you can buy then any other way under that p/n. additionally, if you buy then from infiniti, they charge you a $200 core charge per turbo, and shipping for two turbos from Orland Park Infiniti is about $32.

Still, this is less than what you've been able to find. if i'm being honest, if youre willing to spend $2000+ on oem turbos, just but RT turbos instead as they're nearly the same price. the additional cost for tuning is more than worth it considering you not only make more power but also should have a longer lasting turbo.

·
Registered
2016 Q50 Redsport 400 RWD
290 Posts
Just curious but why did you buy OEM turbos? Replacing?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just curious but why did you buy OEM turbos? Replacing?
Well, one because the price was really good. Two, the RT Turbos require a tune. I plan on doing that but they and others told me, DO NOT drive the car until I have the tune on it. I could not afford to do the tune immediately and need the T's replaced now. Regardless, I'm not racing the car and several known tuners to the vr30 platform tell me stock turbos with LDP's, CBE and Tune alone will take the 300hp easily over 450hp all day every time. I'm good with that...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts