Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For those of you with en EcuTek tune with Bluetooth connect, what are you seeing for Intake Air Temp and Charge Air temp? I'm concerned I'm running a little warm. The snapshot attached is from a few days ago when the outside temp was 86 degrees.

Thanks,
Mac

Attachments

·
Registered
359 Posts
For those of you with en EcuTek tune with Bluetooth connect, what are you seeing for Intake Air Temp and Charge Air temp? I'm concerned I'm running a little warm. The snapshot attached is from a few days ago when the outside temp was 86 degrees.

Thanks,
Mac
What were you doing when you took this screenshot (Sitting in traffic, doing back to back highway pulls etc.)?

IAT & CAT are largely affected by what type of driving you are doing. Sitting in traffic you will see that IAT skyrocket. I've seen mine get as high into the 140's with BMS intakes.

CAT and CACT should be roughly 2-3 degrees apart. If you have some sort of upgraded heat exchanger, you should be floating around ~ 15 degrees above ambient temperature cruising. When I do a pull, I will see a spike of 5-10 degrees and it will normalize after a couple of minutes.

Important to note, your car will reduce timing once temperatures near 150F as a failsafe. I have a critical alarm set to 150 for all 3 parameters.

To directly answer your question, if the screenshot was taken during highway cruising or even around the city, that temperature is high.

·
Registered
871 Posts
CAT and CACT should be roughly 2-3 degrees apart. If you have some sort of upgraded heat exchanger, you should be floating around ~ 15 degrees above ambient temperature cruising. When I do a pull, I will see a spike of 5-10 degrees and it will normalize after a couple of minutes.

Note: Since he has a Premium, and you have a Red Sport, having only one charge coolant pump will also effect temperature recovery.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your help. I’m in the car now and added CACT to my dashboard. Outside temp is 88. Car was cold. CACT started at 147 and rose slightly as I was cruising. I took the screenshot below while cruising at 55. CACT was 147 when I started the car. How could that be?

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your help. I’m in the car now and added CACT to my dashboard. Outside temp is 88. Car was cold. CACT started at 147 and rose slightly as I was cruising. I took the screenshot below while cruising at 55. CACT was 147 when I started the car. How could that be?
Also note that I have recently installed AMS HE, AMS Intakes and AMS LDPs

·
Registered
871 Posts
Also note that I have recently installed AMS HE, AMS Intakes and AMS LDPs

Did you use an air-lift tool or equivalent to make sure the air was removed from the system? There might be an air bubble remaining after the install.

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
65, 78, 98, is normal for me when cool out.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did you use an air-lift tool or equivalent to make sure the air was removed from the system? There might be an air bubble remaining after the install.

The shop that installed my AMS parts is a GTR shop and should have bled the system properly but I will contact them today to get it checked.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
Today 78 deg ambient temp, charge air coolant 90, charge air temp 106. I have an AMS HE. That was flat and level. My CAIT is usually +30+40 over ambient range when in the mid to high 80's and driving a bit harder.

·
Registered
951 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
F_Q, what's that in your lower grill opening? Is that an air to air??

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
951 Posts

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
I think BMS should make their XCGR in black also so it doesn't show so much unless you want it to be noticed.

·
Registered
84 Posts
@ptatohed thanks man, its pre-drilled to locate on a center support so its center.

@Avedis53 I agree, I took the grill out bc I wanted to verify there was no leaks post install. I still have my grill and plan on putting it back on however I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy the reaction of those who see the front mount.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I was thinking of running mine grill-less but then just thought about my luck and slapped it right back on. The FB101 aluminum bends really easily on the front

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
I would think some rock protection would be good to have, whether with the stock grill or an equivalent.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts