Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The issue with the car ia that it wants to tuen off to save the battery. There is precious little time.

Note to anyone who will be doing this...there is an option on the main menu to do a readiness test.

Do that before attempting to Flash a tune because if the car has never had a Flash before the readiness test must be done.

At that point you can turn the car off and turn it on again to auxiliary and then Flash with peace of mind.

At first, I saw a bunch of lights on the dash and I was a bit nervous, but all was fine after the flash.

·
Premium Member
Allen, Texas
855 Posts
Not going to lie - first time flashing is a nail biting experience. If you have a trickle charger handy - use it as your battery will take a serious hit when it starts the flash and those fans start spinning.

Reactions: rpiotro and jodedor

·
Premium Member
3,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alot of people say to also pull the fan relay which can cause a low battery.
where is this fan relay exactly?

Not going to lie - first time flashing is a nail biting experience. If you have a trickle charger handy - use it as your battery will take a serious hit when it starts the flash and those fans start spinning.
I have lithium battery with a special charger, but dont want to hassle with it. I will pull the fan relay though if someone points me to it.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I always turn on the flashers while flashing a tune. It keeps the car from going into power saving mode. I also make sure that the battery is topped off before starting the process.

Reactions: jodedor

·
Premium Member
3,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have about half a tank of 101 octane and 91 octane so about 95 or 96 octane. And I just did a quick run with breakboosting I did not time it but I can tell you that it feels a tad quicker than running with AJB4 and 100 octane.

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
15,871 Posts
In your Fuse, Fusible Link and Relay Box, you'll find cooling fan relay 1. However, the wiring diagram shows for the high output VR30, a second cooling fan relay and control module. Evidently, the HO engine controls the fans individually. The LO engine only has one relay and one control module for both fan motors. I can't find where the second relay is located.

Rectangle Slope Font Material property Parallel

Perhaps pull the fuses for the fan motors instead?

·
Premium Member
3,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
In your Fuse, Fusible Link and Relay Box, you'll find cooling fan relay 1. However, the wiring diagram shows for the high output VR30, a second cooling fan relay and control module. Evidently, the HO engine controls the fans individually. The LO engine only has one relay and one control module for both fan motors. I can't find where the second relay is located.

View attachment 104166

Perhaps pull the fuses for the fan motors instead?
hmm...if it is not too much trouble, which fuse/fuses would that be?

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
15,871 Posts
hmm...if it is not too much trouble, which fuse/fuses would that be?
They are fuse "T" (50A) and "U" (50A) in fusible link holder #2 by the battery. This is all I could find:

Font Rectangle Parallel Slope Auto part

·
Premium Member
3,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
after some time and trying to LITFA, I dood it again.

I have some logs. I will check later.

Did a 0 to 60 run in Mexico. Didnt do a back to back stock tune to this OTS tune, but FWIW.

In auto. TC off. brake boosting. spinning tires a bit with my as3+

Font Parallel Circle Electric blue

·
Premium Member
3,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Is that with an Ecutek tune or JB4?
ecutek ots 91.

ams intakes, gthaus exgaust, hx and coolant exp tank.

i sent the logs to AMS and asked them to give it a once over.

I should have run it the opposite direction as well, but I wanted to get the hell out of Mexico asap.

·
Registered
2018 Signature.
2,676 Posts
Hey Jodedor , answer a question for me, I hear that many of you that live close to the Mexican border go over to do street racing. What happens if the Mexican Police stop's anyone, do you make it back to the states.

• Haha

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
ecutek ots 91.

ams intakes, gthaus exgaust, hx and coolant exp tank.

i sent the logs to AMS and asked them to give it a once over.

I should have run it the opposite direction as well, but I wanted to get the hell out of Mexico asap.
Would like to see how that compares with a Dragy. I would have expected quicker being AWD and an Ecutek tune.

·
Premium Member
3,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Would like to see how that compares with a Dragy. I would have expected quicker being AWD and an Ecutek tune.
no dragy...email address, profile, etc.

If I am DWP...I may do a stock tune run on same Mexican road on a similar day...sunny 63 degrees.

·
Premium Member
3,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey Jodedor , answer a question for me, I hear that many of you that live close to the Mexican border go over to do street racing. What happens if the Mexican Police stop's anyone, do you make it back to the states.
probably the same thing that happens to the Canadians who venture into Mexico for similar runs 😉

Reactions: mapleDom
1 - 20 of 38 Posts