Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
no dragy...email address, profile, etc.

If I am DWP...I may do a stock tune run on same Mexican road on a similar day...sunny 63 degrees.
That would be interesting and at least A/B.

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Jodedor,

Was this your first tune file from AMS? If so, you probably have 5-7 more to go. As they review your logs they will modify and keep turning up the boost as safely as possible.

In your log, look at Manifold Absolute Pressure to see your actual Boost.

Also download and install Ecutek’s VR30 example Dashboard. It is multi page and has every parameter you would want to monitor.

Find it here:
ECU Connect: VR30TT Example Dashboards - Support - Confluence

Reactions: Q50Wolf

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
I believe he's using the "canned" tune from AMS not custom/remote.
Hmm, I would think the Ecutek Dashboard should be available with the canned tune, but not sure.
Once you flash either the off the shelf Ecutek tune or custom tune, You should have Ecutek app functionality. Not map switching but Dashboard, Logging and Valet mode.

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Hmm, I would think the Ecutek Dashboard should be available with the canned tune, but not sure.
Once you flash either the off the shelf Ecutek tune or custom tune, You should have Ecutek app functionality. Not map switching but Dashboard, Logging and Valet mode.
I posted about the canned tune because it means he won't see the benefits of the revisions. As soon as I can get back on my feet from the kung flu I'm going to wrap up my HP Tuners tune and get some dragy data and post up. Always nice to give others another option.

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
I posted about the canned tune because it means he won't see the benefits of the revisions. As soon as I can get back on my feet from the kung flu I'm going to wrap up my HP Tuners tune and get some dragy data and post up. Always nice to give others another option.
Ahhh, OTS tune. I missed that when Jodedor said he was sending logs to AMS.

Reactions: jodedor

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Hey Jodedor , answer a question for me, I hear that many of you that live close to the Mexican border go over to do street racing. What happens if the Mexican Police stop's anyone, do you make it back to the states.
You just take a pocketful of $20s with you. For bribes. Problem solved.

Reactions: mapleDom

·
Registered
2018 Signature.
2,676 Posts
You just take a pocketful of $20s with you. For bribes. Problem solved.
I've only been in Mexico once, and had the runs for the whole week I was there. Back in the 80's, my neighbor didn't tell me about the drinking water.:sick:

·
Premium Member
3,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I've only been in Mexico once, and had the runs for the whole week I was there. Back in the 80's, my neighbor didn't tell me about the drinking water.:sick:
I will clarify things in the zoom meeting. Bring it up then.

Reactions: mapleDom

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I will clarify things in the zoom meeting. Bring it up then.
Clarify the runs?!?! Good God man! Is that even potable?????

·
Premium Member
3,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
back to back same road both ways OTS 91.

tc off. brake boost. standard mode.
Font Parallel Circle Electric blue

·
Premium Member
3,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
same thing. factory tune after 10 minutes of driving around and hard pulls.

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
So dropped about half a second with the tune. That's respectable. Not the crazy times some are putting down but for a canned thing it's not bad. Wish you could try a JB4 for comparison with the same run.

·
Premium Member
3,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
So dropped about half a second with the tune. That's respectable. Not the crazy times some are putting down but for a canned thing it's not bad. Wish you could try a JB4 for comparison with the same run.
or go to same dyno as before.

alas...you have 1 datapoint.

I suppose I can take it or leave it.

it is not like I am hitting a 3.5 second 0 to 60.

·
Registered
4,510 Posts

I'd love to see what the HPT canned tune would do for comparisons sake. All these, jb4/AMS canned/HPT tune/ecutek tunes are interesting to me.

·
Premium Member
550 Posts

You could with a custom tune…. 😁

21 - 38 of 38 Posts