Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wish the Q50 had the following features:

MAJOR:

1. Dual Clutch Transmission (A LA Audi).

2. Limited Slip Differential.

3. Ruby Venetian with Wheat Interior for Sport AWD or Sport AWD Hybrid (I know, I'm the odd man out that likes a tan interior).

4. NO RUN FLAT TIRES!

5. Siri Integration

Minor:

1. Programmable TPMS for second set of Winter Tires (for those of us who use/have a second set of wheels/tires for winter of different wall height and diameter).

2. HUD

3. Folding Mirrors

4. Ventilated seats.

5. Plug-In Diesel AWD, both hybrid and non hybrid

Really minor:

1. heated steering wheel.

2. Plug in AWD Hybrid.

3. Larger fold down in Hybrid.

4. Night Vision display.

5. Hot Spot.

6. Factory tinted windows all around (I know, different in every state).

Correct me where I'm wrong and otherwise opinions? :cool:

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
1. Came in Iridium Blue

2. Adjustable Suspension/Comfort Settings

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
Early Bird Gets the Worm Factory Cash Rebate.

Reactions: Latrant and tt_45

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
I'm not certain, but I suspect the TPMS will be the same as in the JX. Over on the JX forum, people have reported that the system identifies and works with their winter wheels after a few miles. YMMV.

You can have it w/out run-flats. Just buy four real tires when you get the car. Put those on, and advertise your four run-flats as being for sale individually to the morons who get a flat in their brand new ones. You'll be able to sell them for more than your replacements, while saving other users some money. Just a thought.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
This is kinda tricky for me to answer in some way since obviously we haven't messed with the car at all yet...

MAJOR:

None, really. The Infiniti Q50 is perfectly well equipped to me in this segment. From what I can tell, it doesn't lack any significant dealbreakers for me.
(Although I too am a big fan of the Wheat interior too!)

MINOR:

1. HUD. Having experienced the HUD system in the BMW, I'm a new fan of the technology. I can take it or leave it though

2. Nappa/Higher premium Leather and interiors and colors. BMW and Audi offer a bit more variety in their interiors and their color choices. It would be nice if Infiniti caught up on this aspect.

3. Adaptive Suspension (Damping). I'm ambivalent about adaptive suspensions in cars. I've driven cars with noticeable adaptive suspensions and some that were notso. I'm a young guy, so if the ride is a little harsh or a little smooth, it's not a huge deal but it would be another nice-to-have if it was there.

4. Paddles on the non-Sport models. Paddle shifters are becoming a standard on most cars with A/T in this segment now--even in a lot of cars with nearly half the performance potential that the G/Q50 possesses. It would nice to see the paddles as not being exclusive to the Sport trim.

5. Sport-Oriented steering wheel. Akin to Audi, Mercedes, and BMW, Infiniti could invest some energy and time, and maybe this could be reserved for the IPL, but there definitely could be more done to the steering wheel--perhaps adding perforated leather and a flat bottom wheel?

Really minor/Not sure/On the Fence/Nice to Haves:

1. Ventilated seats. Although I live in Arizona, 90% of the time, I park in a garage or in a covered spot. For the remaining 10%, I guess ventilated seats as an option could be quite a highlight for the model in this segment.

2. Heated steering wheel. I've never experienced a car with a heated steering wheel firsthand, so I really wouldn't use it if it was added, but it could be a nice just-in-case.

3. Rear Spoiler. Even though the rear of the Q50 is plenty curvy the way it is---the option of a lip spoiler could be there.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts

Though I ordered my red Q50 with the graphite seats, I know what you mean about the wheat with the red. My first Infiniti was a '99 I30 in Bordeaux Pearl, and the wheat seats were a great contrast for that color. If they had Bordeaux Pearl this year, that's what I would have gotten.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I bet two of these make it into production over the next few years:

1) Limited slip rear differential, if it's not already included but unannounced;
2) More interior color choices, especially a brown (think BMW 3-series) and dark red (Audi S4);
3) Bring back the staggered tire fitment for the Sport. Let's go 265/40 in the rear and 235/45 in the front. Yes, it sucks replacing rear tires every 20,000 miles or so, but it sure looks cool;
4) To quote Car & Driver: Save the Manuals! Bring back the 6MT and spend a few dollars re-engineering it so it doesn't shake, rattle and roll at idle like a '78 Kenworth. Infiniti would sell at least one of them. To me.
5) Make the summer RE050A tire an option on the Sport RWD. Fit the car as standard with a max-performance all season tire like the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S. (Acura makes summer tires a no-cost option, as do BMW and other marques. Get a clue, Infiniti. We do not all live in Arizona.)

Quick personal story: I live in the Dallas area, and the sticky summers are a ball 95 percent of the time. They were ZERO FUN AT ALL when I got caught in a 20-year-snowstorm back in 2010. Spun the car three times on Interstate 35 trying to get home from work and managed to end up facing traffic as it whizzed around me. Didn't get a scratch, amazingly. I managed to get it righted and on down the road to the next exit, where I got caught on a mild incline while everyone again zoomed past me as if I'd replaced my tires with ice cubes. I ended up having to stick it in a ditch for the night after a state trooper helped me push it off the road, traction control off and both rear tires spinning like mad. Stayed the night in the worst fleabag motel I've ever had the pleasure of visiting. Thanks, Nissan!

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
I wish the Q50 had the following features:

MAJOR:

1. Dual Clutch Transmission (A LA Audi).

2. Limited Slip Differential.

3. Ruby Venetian with Wheat Interior for Sport AWD or Sport AWD Hybrid (I know, I'm the odd man out that likes a tan interior).

4. NO RUN FLAT TIRES!

5. Siri Integration

Minor:

1. Programmable TPMS for second set of Winter Tires (for those of us who use/have a second set of wheels/tires for winter of different wall height and diameter).

2. HUD

3. Folding Mirrors

4. Ventilated seats.

5. Plug-In Diesel AWD, both hybrid and non hybrid

Really minor:

1. heated steering wheel.

2. Plug in AWD Hybrid.

3. Larger fold down in Hybrid.

4. Night Vision display.

5. Hot Spot.

6. Factory tinted windows all around (I know, different in every state).

Correct me where I'm wrong and otherwise opinions? :cool:
Welcome to the boards! There was already a thread started for missing features ...

Here is the link:
http://www.infinitiq50.org/forum/new-2014-q50-general-discussion-forum/474-missing-features-q50.html

In the future please use the search function before creating a new thread. No harm no foul though ...

MODS can we please merge the 2 threads?

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
Quick personal story: I live in the Dallas area, and the sticky summers are a ball 95 percent of the time. They were ZERO FUN AT ALL when I got caught in a 20-year-snowstorm back in 2010. Spun the car three times on Interstate 35 trying to get home from work and managed to end up facing traffic as it whizzed around me. Didn't get a scratch, amazingly. I managed to get it righted and on down the road to the next exit, where I got caught on a mild incline while everyone again zoomed past me as if I'd replaced my tires with ice cubes. I ended up having to stick it in a ditch for the night after a state trooper helped me push it off the road, traction control off and both rear tires spinning like mad. Stayed the night in the worst fleabag motel I've ever had the pleasure of visiting. Thanks, Nissan!
Yeah that storm was terrible. When things like that happen here in Dallas I stay on surface roads and off the highway, or try not to drive at all. Even though I'm on my third set of Yoko's, it is sketchy on ice or snow. Mainly I don't trust other drivers, especially in pickup trucks.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Choices, Choices

Sinecure - I'll have to consider the after market wheels and selling the run flats. I wish Infiniti would just have a no run flat option.:(

I really don't understand the no Wheat (tan) interior and limited color choices. I would think Infiniti wants buyers as happy as possible.

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
This is kinda tricky for me to answer in some way since obviously we haven't messed with the car at all yet...

MAJOR:

None, really. The Infiniti Q50 is perfectly well equipped to me in this segment. From what I can tell, it doesn't lack any significant dealbreakers for me.

MINOR:

1. HUD. Having experienced the HUD system in the BMW, I'm a new fan of the technology. I can take it or leave it though

2. Nappa/Higher premium Leather and interiors and colors. BMW and Audi offer a bit more variety in their interiors and their color choices. It would be nice if Infiniti caught up on this aspect.

3. Adaptive Suspension (Damping). I'm ambivalent about adaptive suspensions in cars. I've driven cars with noticeable adaptive suspensions and some that were notso. I'm a young guy, so if the ride is a little harsh or a little smooth, it's not a huge deal but it would be another nice-to-have if it was there.

4. Paddles on the non-Sport models. Paddle shifters are becoming a standard on most cars with A/T in this segment now--even in a lot of cars with nearly half the performance potential that the G/Q50 possesses. It would nice to see the paddles as not being exclusive to the Sport trim.

5. Sport-Oriented steering wheel. Akin to Audi, Mercedes, and BMW, Infiniti could invest some energy and time, and maybe this could be reserved for the IPL, but there definitely could be more done to the steering wheel--perhaps adding perforated leather and a flat bottom wheel?

Really minor/Not sure/On the Fence/Nice to Haves:

1. Ventilated seats. Although I live in Arizona, 90% of the time, I park in a garage or in a covered spot. For the remaining 10%, I guess ventilated seats as an option could be quite a highlight for the model in this segment.

2. Heated steering wheel. I've never experienced a car with a heated steering wheel firsthand, so I really wouldn't use it if it was added, but it could be a nice just-in-case.

3. Rear Spoiler. Even though the rear of the Q50 is plenty curvy the way it is---the option of a lip spoiler could be there.
Good suggestions Simpsontide985,

I would like to see ventilated seats and a HUD system for the Q50/60. And for sure I would like to see some better interior materials like nappa leather.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Sinecure - I'll have to consider the after market wheels and selling the run flats. I wish Infiniti would just have a no run flat option.:(

I really don't understand the no Wheat (tan) interior and limited color choices. I would think Infiniti wants buyers as happy as possible.
Honestly I don't even know why infiniti would use run flat tires. They are not the most comfortable and not to mention expensive to replace.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Honestly I don't even know why infiniti would use run flat tires. They are not the most comfortable and not to mention expensive to replace.
Well, probably because almost everyone else is using them.

In the relatively short time I drove around the ATS and 3-Series with run flats, they didn't feel uncomfortable to me at all. I would think that the comfort ability aspect might be a moot point these days with all of the additional ride control and advanced suspension systems these cars have these days...The wheels are expensive to replace but at the same token, most of these manufacturers have beefed up their maintenance coverage on other elements of the vehicle in an attempt to balance out the costs.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.