Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Used car market is going crazy.

I bought my 2017 Q50 AWD with 26K miles in January for $23,900.

Drove it a few miles so now at 28K miles and Vroom just offered me $25,221 for it.

Around a month ago Vroom had offered me somewhere in the neighborhood of $22K.

That is crazy. I am actually considering taking them up on the offer.

The downside is I have to get another car and so I'll pay through the nose for that.

·
Registered
2018 Luxe AWD, Stock + JB4
221 Posts
Wow! I ran a KBB value on mine last week and it was showing a range of 20 - 22k for it as trade in value! I paid $20,900 on Vroom nearly a year ago! I didn't realize KBB kept up with the market dynamics that quickly!

·
Registered
363 Posts
It's kind of like when real estate is $$$ though...Sure, you can sell and make $ but you will be spending more on something else (being those are just as much a higher %)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Just did the vroom quote feature. They are trying to give me $2000 more than I owe
Anyone know if this website is legit?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just did the vroom quote feature. They are trying to give me $2000 more than I owe
Anyone know if this website is legit?
Vroom is legit. Just like Carvana.

Some people have reported headaches buying from them but selling is easy-peasy

Reactions: GIGANTORE

·
Registered
94 Posts
Vroom is legit. Just like Carvana.

Some people have reported headaches buying from them but selling is easy-peasy
Checking out the reviews now. Looks like most of the complaints are about buying.
Vroom offered me 24851. Karvana offered 23686. Looks like I might sell my car..

·
Registered
2016 Q50 Redsport 400 RWD
15 Posts
They offered me $18k for my 16 redsport with 52k miles

·
Registered
2018 Luxe AWD, Stock + JB4
221 Posts
VROOM is legit. That's where I got my 2018 Q50. I also traded my 2008 CTS in to them. Funny it sat for 1 month after my Q was delivered and I swear they forgot about it. I had to call and remind them to come get it.

·
Premium Member
'17 SS
532 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
11,865 Posts
Vroom - $35,991 for my car with 20K miles.
Carvana - $34,278

Reactions: rpiotro

·
Registered
363 Posts
You had me curious, so did an inquiry @ vroom...$24k for 2016 RS with ~31k miles. They can sukkit :LOL:

·
Registered
2021 Q50 RedSport, MBRP Cat-Back. HKS BOV, AMS LDP, Mishimoto Catch Can
411 Posts
Used car market is out of control right now, auction prices are ridiculous and Carvanna/Vroom are putting stupid money on trades, they're trying to buy everything to control the market.....the shortage for new cars definitely does not help, but when the prices drop again, Carvanna etc are going to be in big trouble!

·
Registered
745 Posts
les and Vroom just offered me $25,221 for it.

Around a month ago Vroom had offered me somewhere in the neighborhood of $22K.

That is crazy. I am actually considering taking them up on the offer.

The downside is I have to get another car and so I'll pay through the nose for that.
I'd need more than $1300 for me to consider getting rid of my car. Thats just me. Just hussle harder at work, sell some **** on the side. Easy money

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'd need more than $1300 for me to consider getting rid of my car. Thats just me. Just hussle harder at work, sell some **** on the side. Easy money
I was already debating whether to sell the car or not. This just made the decision a bit easier

·
Registered
94 Posts
I just checked mine....2017 RS with 46k.....$3,500 more than I owe.....decisions....decisions
Same here. I’d be able to pay off my car and walk with a couple grand. And I thought I was upside down.

The problem is a lack of other options..
Bronco? Something electric? An old fj40? I’m tempted to find something old and simple. Maybe even an older RS4 or RS6? The possibilities are there.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm interested in Kia Stinger. But used prices are crazy might as well buy new

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Wow! I ran a KBB value on mine last week and it was showing a range of 20 - 22k for it as trade in value! I paid $20,900 on Vroom nearly a year ago! I didn't realize KBB kept up with the market dynamics that quickly!
Careful. KBB should be used as a guide. There are two problems with the KBB numbers. People tend to over evaluate their vehicles. Always. And, KBB is not going to write the check.

That said, yes it is a sellers market. My son had a 2015 GMC pickup that he bought almost four years ago for $26,500. He traded it in on a Tesla model Y and got $22,000 in trade. It had low miles and in very good condition but still.

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Vroom - $35,991 for my car with 20K miles.
Carvana - $34,278
That is your best barometer. Someone that will actually cut a check.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Right, not gonna up and throw the Q away for an extra 1500 or 2 Gs.

Not sure what people are looking to buy, upgrade the Q to a newer year or jumping ship to something else. The new Lex IS is the only thing that has my eye right now.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts