Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Agreed. Actually saw a news article yesterday that said in some cases used cars are selling for more than a new car of the same model. Which is bat **** crazy. This makes buying a brand new car a no-brainer. Especially if you can get it for below MSRP.
Thats the problem, you can barely get it below MSRP. The truck I just factory I got $1500 below MSRP...My last truck that i bought this time last year I got for 10K under MSRP, both brand new trucks.

Maybe cars are different and selling below sticker, but trucks are bringing sticker or very slightly below. And you're a 100% correct in regards to the used being more than new. I've been looking for a Ford F350 or Ram 3500 for over a month and if its a used truck available on the lot, the cost is more than a brand new one. Thats why I factory ordered, I paid like 3-4k less for a factory ordered truck built like I want it that I would have paid for a used one in stock, the only downside is I may be waiting 3-4 months. And whats really crazy is i'm seeing F-350/450 Dually's selling for $100,000 to $120,000k.

Reactions: GIGANTORE

·
Registered
94 Posts
Thats the problem, you can barely get it below MSRP. The truck I just factory I got $1500 below MSRP...My last truck that i bought this time last year I got for 10K under MSRP, both brand new trucks.

Maybe cars are different and selling below sticker, but trucks are bringing sticker or very slightly below. And you're a 100% correct in regards to the used being more than new. I've been looking for a Ford F350 or Ram 3500 for over a month and if its a used truck available on the lot, the cost is more than a brand new one. Thats why I factory ordered, I paid like 3-4k less for a factory ordered truck built like I want it that I would have paid for a used one in stock, the only downside is I may be waiting 3-4 months. And whats really crazy is i'm seeing F-350/450 Dually's selling for $100,000 to $120,000k.
Yup. I ordered a 2022 Bronco. Will end up getting it below MSRP. 2.7 ecoboost are getting 500hp easy. Gonna be crazy.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
My Vroom quote expired so I resubmitted. Price went up by $500.

This is bonkers. At this rate in 6 months it will be worth $100K :)

View attachment 99879
Interesting... my 2015 Audi Allroad w/every option and 51k miles:

This quote is up $1100 from last week!

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Yup. I ordered a 2022 Bronco. Will end up getting it below MSRP. 2.7 ecoboost are getting 500hp easy. Gonna be crazy.
I reserved one about 6 months ago but they haven't called me to spec it out and put in the actual order yet.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I reserved one about 6 months ago but they haven't called me to spec it out and put in the actual order yet.
Yeah. Sounds like the wait is going to be a while. I made my reservation at a dealership almost 200 miles away because they were the only ones selling the sports for under MSRP. Waiting on a call back to see if they will be able to cut me that good of a deal on the real Bronco. Gonna be a sick little package. I’m getting the base model with the 2.5L and auto trans. I can find better wheels and equipment than Ford sells.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Love an Allroad. 2.7 or 4.2?
Neither... starting in 2013, the AR was just an A4 Avant with 7" of ground clearance, so the big 2.0T w/225-hp is the only engine option.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Neither... starting in 2013, the AR was just an A4 Avant with 7" of ground clearance, so the big 2.0T w/225-hp is the only engine option.
Ouch. The 4.2 w/ 6spd was a hidden gem. I had a 1st Gen TT with a built 1.8t on e85. Miss it. Thought about getting an S6 as well.

·
Registered
822 Posts
The used market is definitely strong right now.

When I initially bought the car used, it costed 26K when the KBB value was 29K. The vehicle is still worth 28K average according to KBB as of today, so strange.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Finally sold my car. Or technically traded it in.

Yes, I traded in for a family SUV, new 2022 Hyundai Tucson Hybrid.

They gave me a good price and with the tax savings on trade-in, made sense to make the move now.

I already miss the Q50. Miss that power but my Q50 had too many minor issues with it that made the car not enjoyable to drive.

I still love the platform and hope Infiniti improves it for the next generation. May come back at that point.

Thanks to this forum and all the smart and helpful people here.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts