Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The set up:
I got home from my deployment at dark thirty on Wednesday night.
I took delivery of my new MW Q50 on Thursday afternoon.

Then (1 day later) I took the fam on a a well-deserved road trip to a cabin in the NW region of GA (Blue Ridge Mountains).
Of course I wanted to take the new ride!!!

I don’t know if this will translate – but you should know….. I was physically ill!
After enjoying a night at the cabin - we decided to head up a very small trail toward a favorite destination - to hike toward a beautiful river and rope bridge.

I had seen the opening of this trail and immediately and literally backed up and parked on the side of the road to have a “discussion” with my wife about the fact that there was NO WAY I would have the proper ground clearance to traverse this trail.

Of course I wanted the entire family to enjoy the mountain experience, but not at the expense of my two day old/$50K car.

I (we) decided to take a chance and take the family up what I now consider “Mistake Mountain”! We ended up stopping half way up an hitched a ride on the back of a proper 4X4.

So after a few times bottoming out and then nearly ruining the leather of the driver’s seat…… we made it up and down the mountain with relatively no damage! I have yet to put her on a lift and inspect the undercarriage to be sure.

You also need to know that I couldn't take any pictures of the truly bad areas (because I had a convoy of cars waiting/crawling behind me as I crept along) but I did stop to let my daughter snap a few pics where we could. They turned out ok.

If this wasn't a lease – I might have to figure I would have made a different decision.

So - as far as the overall excitement of getting the new car:
Once I get her cleaned up, tint the widows and have some extra time…… I will post some better pics.
But for now, take a look at my new girl ---- in the “wild”.

Also, I think I got a pretty solid deal!! I will compile the details and post those as well in the lease section….. more to come.

·
Registered
396 Posts
WELCOME HOME!!!
Very glad to hear you are back safe and sound! And that you got your beautiful new car! :)

Enjoy your family, you new toy, and your WELL deserved vacation! Looking forward to more pic.

Thanks again for your service!

Reactions: NTOwens

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
Welcome Home!!!
Glad all is well and thanks again for you great service to the U.S.A!!
And Congrats on your Q50!!!:D

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Welcome home! Where exactly were those pictures taken? Before moving to Chattanooga, I lived in Ducktown, TN, and did almost all my shopping in Blue Ridge. There was one "road" that I accidently got on when exploring the area, and almost slid off the road and down the side of the hill that I was on.:eek:

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Congrats man and welcome home!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Very nice pics. I definitely will not drive my shinny Q50 off road.
Hope you get well soon and enjoy the true potential of the Q50.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome home! Where exactly were those pictures taken? Before moving to Chattanooga, I lived in Ducktown, TN, and did almost all my shopping in Blue Ridge. There was one "road" that I accidently got on when exploring the area, and almost slid off the road and down the side of the hill that I was on.:eek:
It was just outside of Blue Ridge, on the way up the mountain to "The Swinging Bridge".

Looks Awesome!!
Is your car lowered or just the angle of your 1st picture?
My AWD Sport looks like it's a 4X4 compared to yours??
Just the angle of the pic.... you can almost make out the damage to the front lip spoiler that it took in that first pic! I didn't notice it until I finally washed it yesterday. Little bit sick!

Thanks everyone for the welcome homes. It's been great to be home.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.