Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I guess I will have to wait until I get back in-country and (in person) look at / sit in both the Sport and Premium. The seats and fascias are going to be the deciders for me.

I mean, the color choice was fairly easy. (ehem InfinitiChick)

- My first ’03 G was black (beautiful but a nightmare to keep clean). I am not a huge fan of it on the Q. To me, black sort of washes out all the lines, and I feel some of the design element is lost.

- My ’08 was Blue Slate - I liked it too, but now the Hagane Blue is much too light for me.

- My ’10 was Graphite Shadow - probably my favorite color of all. It really looks good on almost any car or truck. I can’t do back-to-back though, right?

So that leaves me with the only other color that I like - Moonlight White.
That was easy!!

It’s Always Graphite interior for me, so that was easy too.

So now, for the really good news.
One of the dealers (Sales Manager) I was working with ordered me a car - per my specs for an October delivery. (He did this BTW without really asking me - and emailed me my vehicle detail sheet after). It doesn’t have any of the add-ons that I didn’t really want to pay for, like splash guards, illuminated kick-plates, etc.). Great! Except the problem is - Like I said above, I’m not sure if maybe I might want the Sport now.

Now the even BETTER news!
I disclosed all of this to another dealer I have been working with (also the Sales Manager). I asked why the other guy would order me a vehicle without confirming. No deposit, no nothing!
He tells me, “Neal, I already ordered you a car too. It should be here close to the time you get home - if not, I’ll give you a loaner until it does.” He also said that it was an easy decision. If don’t buy the car, someone else will.

Then he tells me he has about an hour left to submit the orders for October, so he jumps on and orders me a Moonlight White / Sport / loaded to my specs.
So I guess I have three cars on order with my name on them….. No worries now - just have to wait and see what pleases the most!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Obviously you'll have the chance to decide for yourself, but for me it's a no brainer; the Sport fascia is a bit better looking, and the seats seem to me like they're in another league all together. I'd go with the Sport no without hesitation.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Same here! Sport all the way since I like the paddle shifters, the front fascia and the bigger brakes!

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Obviously you'll have the chance to decide for yourself, but for me it's a no brainer; the Sport fascia is a bit better looking, and the seats seem to me like they're in another league all together. I'd go with the Sport no without hesitation.
I think the sport fascia looks bad from the side and the sport seats look cheap with the horizontal stripes they put on them. I have paddle shifters and never use them. I do like the sport rims but I'm getting those on my premium. So for me it was a no brainer too, non sport.

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
Same here! Sport all the way since I like the paddle shifters, the front fascia and the bigger brakes!
Can't remember if it's been confirmed or not, but if the Sport has a better exhaust note that makes me favor the Sport even more as well.

Reactions: NTOwens

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
that is one nice dealership.
They really are.... plus he quoted me $1250 Under Invoice for VPP!! (with the additional $1000 Loyalty money)

I did ask him if he was sure, because I had heard it was "AT" Invoice. He verified "absolutely".

Now I believe (and JasonH verified) he was probably quoting me direct Infiniti employee VPP pricing. But he knows full well I am Active Duty.

So I wonder if he can and/or will honor what he quoted in the email and verified verbally. IDK

·
Registered
121 Posts
I think the sport fascia looks bad from the side and the sport seats look cheap with the horizontal stripes they put on them. I have paddle shifters and never use them. I do like the sport rims but I'm getting those on my premium. So for me it was a no brainer too, non sport.
I won't argue things that are surely a matter of taste (i.e. the horizontal seams), but "cheap" is definitely the last word I would use to describe the sport seats.

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
I won't argue things that are surely a matter of taste (i.e. the horizontal seams), but "cheap" is definitely the last word I would use to describe the sport seats.
The stripes look exactly like seats I had on a 76 corolla. To me, it doesn't look right on leather, especially the lighter leather.

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Reactions: CarolinaQ50
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.