Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently live in Dallas and have submitted my pre-order to Sewell Infiniti. This is actually the first car I have ever bought, because I'm young and I had a hand-me-down until now. I was planning on living in Dallas for the foreseeable future but I just found out I have to move to Houston for work.

Since my preorder is still at the Dallas dealership, I would be buying the car in Dallas but then once I move to Houston I would be going to one of the dealerships there for service. As a new car buyer, what I'm wondering is if the Houston dealership would resent me for not buying the car from them but still taking it there for service? I think there is a Sewell Infiniti in Houston too... would that make any difference since the two dealerships are under the same owner?

If I could, I would switch my pre-order to a Houston dealership but since it is after June 30th I think it is too late, plus I wouldn't get the $350 Apple gift card.

Thoughts?

In case anyone cares, I ordered a graphite shadow premium RWD with all the packages (non-hybrid).

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Infiniti Sewell has a dealership in Houston as well. No one is going to resent you. Just make sure when you buy the car from Sewell Dallas that they put the Sewell license frame around your license plate in the back. That way, which ever Sewell dealership you pull up in - Houston or Dallas - they know you bought it from Sewell. The service techs don't bother checking where you bought the car. They check to make sure it is an Infiniti.

Infiniti is rated highly in customer service. You should be fine.

Mine is the exact same spec as yours, except for interior and exterior colors.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
People move all the time. No dealer will care where you bought your car when you're taking it in for service. In fact, the service guys probably won't even know. You can go to any dealership in any city for warranty service. You have nothing to worry about.

What part of Houston are you moving to and what line of work?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply. Although I'm not a fan of the license frame, I'll make sure to get it.

I guess I was just a little worried because I was reading on here the some people were getting loyalty discounts and such from dealerships they have been buying from for a long time and since I most likely won't be in Dallas again it would make more sense to start building that relationship with a Houston dealership instead.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
People move all the time. No dealer will care where you bought your car when you're taking it in for service. In fact, the service guys probably won't even know. You can go to any dealership in any city for warranty service. You have nothing to worry about.

What part of Houston are you moving to and what line of work?
I'm not too familiar with Houston so I don't know the proper name for the area but it's near the Galleria/Westheimer.

I'm currently in the semiconductor industry but I'm actually changing jobs and looking to get into oil/gas. I'm an Aggie also :)

What do you do?

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
I'm not too familiar with Houston so I don't know the proper name for the area but it's near the Galleria/Westheimer.

I'm currently in the semiconductor industry but I'm actually changing jobs and looking to get into oil/gas. I'm an Aggie also :)

What do you do?
Whoop! Class of 2008 here. I'm a cpa and financial reporting manager for an oil and gas services company.

I believe the loyalty discounts aren't dealership specific bit come from Infiniti...so the dealer will still give you the loyalty discounts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ah ok well that is good news about the loyalty discounts.

Go figure, a Houstonian working in oil/gas haha

Class of '11 Whoop!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Welcome to Houston!

I usually work with the Sewell Infiniti dealer of North Houston. Setup a deal for my sister-in-law to buy a G37 sedan last year and bought my used 2009 Honda Accord from the same dealer.

I went to the Q50 reveal event in the Woodlands. My sales rep gave me a couple of those free wine glasses and those Q50 flash drive key chains. He is going to let me know once they get a couple of cars to test drive. I'm looking to replace my boring V6 Accord, waiting to see what the final lease numbers will be.

We current own a 2010 FX35 as well, I usually service it at Clear Lake Infiniti. The prices are a little cheaper than Sewell.

Also... Married to an Aggie Class of 2003 Civil Engineering. I used to work for O&G service company as an accountant as well.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
Don't sweat it. They'll be happy to have your service business. You could probably switch your order over to Houston if you really wanted to, but not much of a benefit to doing so, assuming you like the salesperson you're already working with. Remember, with this car - for perhaps the first time - having a salesperson who can articulate what all the tech stuff does, and how it works, is really going to matter. Gone are the days when "delivery" of a car involved handing you the keys, showing you how to turn on the wipers and program your phone, then sending you on your way. Salespeople are really going to earn their commissions on this car. I expect delivery to take 40-50 minutes the first time around, plus another 20-40 minutes during a re-connect session a few days to two weeks later. If the salesperson is a moron, you're going to get short-changed in terms of understanding how to take full advantage of the tech in your car. Or worse, if they're really dumb, they may mislead you into thinking some tech safety feature works in a way it was never designed to - which could lead you to rely on it to do something it can't do.

Reactions: Infiniti Chick

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Don't sweat it. They'll be happy to have your service business. You could probably switch your order over to Houston if you really wanted to, but not much of a benefit to doing so, assuming you like the salesperson you're already working with. Remember, with this car - for perhaps the first time - having a salesperson who can articulate what all the tech stuff does, and how it works, is really going to matter. Gone are the days when "delivery" of a car involved handing you the keys, showing you how to turn on the wipers and program your phone, then sending you on your way. Salespeople are really going to earn their commissions on this car. I expect delivery to take 40-50 minutes the first time around, plus another 20-40 minutes during a re-connect session a few days to two weeks later. If the salesperson is a moron, you're going to get short-changed in terms of understanding how to take full advantage of the tech in your car. Or worse, if they're really dumb, they may mislead you into thinking some tech safety feature works in a way it was never designed to - which could lead you to rely on it to do something it can't do.
I can attest to that...when I purchased my G37 the sales rep didn't show me a single thing about my car other than how to program my phone and garage door opener. She didn't use my actual phone or garage door opener just told me how to do it and hoped I remembered by the time I got home 3 hours later.

She didn't show me how to use the navigation system or any other features. Heck, until my niece played around with some of the navigation features nearly TWO YEARS after I had the car, I had no idea that it offered some tools/features. Sure, I've never used the sense but still!! I've never used the Zagat but then again I rarely go into a town where it would have ratings. I've never used the iConnect (or whatever it's called) nor the weather and accident updates among many things. But I like that they are available to me if I do need them. I just had no idea they were even in my car.

Of course, as I've mentioned before, she also never bothered to tell me that locking my car will also lock the gas door so I was nearly stranded in the middle of no where at Midnight during a snowy night when I figured THAT one out.

Thank goodness I've got Sinecure and the other Infiniti reps on this site to inform me of so much before I even get my Q50. Something tells me I may have to show my local reps how to do a few things. :D

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
I expect delivery to take 40-50 minutes the first time around, plus another 20-40 minutes during a re-connect session a few days to two weeks later.

I'm planning on setting up a tent at the dealership; that will be easier than running back and forth during that two week span.:D

Actually, one of the salesmen there said he would come to my house, if necessary, to help me set up the iPod that I'll be getting, and to transfer the CDs that I'm going to have to download to my computer and then to the iPod. Of course, I could always just pick up some 10-year old off the street to help me, but that would be kind of creepy.:eek:

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
I expect delivery to take 40-50 minutes the first time around, plus another 20-40 minutes during a re-connect session a few days to two weeks later.

I'm planning on setting up a tent at the dealership; that will be easier than running back and forth during that two week span.:D

Actually, one of the salesmen there said he would come to my house, if necessary, to help me set up the iPod that I'll be getting, and to transfer the CDs that I'm going to have to download to my computer and then to the iPod. Of course, I could always just pick up some 10-year old off the street to help me, but that would be kind of creepy.:eek:
SHUT UP!! Selzini is getting an iPod?!?! Woohoo!! You go!! Transferring CDs to iTunes then to the iPod is very simple but will take some time!! If your using the $300 Apple Gift Card to purchase the iPod, get one with as much gigabytes that you can for the money! I have a feeling you've got plenty of CDs to transfer. Who knows, you may end up even purchasing songs from iTunes in the future! ;)

That is one VERY helpful sales rep!!!!

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
SHUT UP!! Selzini is getting an iPod?!?! Woohoo!! You go!! Transferring CDs to iTunes then to the iPod is very simple but will take some time!! If your using the $300 Apple Gift Card to purchase the iPod, get one with as much gigabytes that you can for the money! I have a feeling you've got plenty of CDs to transfer. Who knows, you may end up even purchasing songs from iTunes in the future! ;)

That is one VERY helpful sales rep!!!!
BEING PUSHED INTO THE 21st CENTURY! :D Absolutely have more than 100 CDs, but won't be downloading all of them. What would be great is the ability to download many of the 150 VINYL albums that I own. (I can't help but think of the scene in "Men in Black" when Tommie Lee Jones' character hold up a tiny disc, and says that he figures that he'll have to buy the White Album again. :D). I even have some real 78 rpm albums from before the 1950s, but I wouldn't download them.:)

·
Registered
396 Posts
You never know! ..After Selzini gets his iPod with his music transferred, ... he will find that all his music is in the "cloud"! So getting an iphone will make it even BETTER because he will have his music AND APPs working in his new Q50!! ... Then .. before you know it, he will use the camera on the iPhone to shoot us some pictures! (Who needs a digital camera anyway! ;) :D)

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
You never know! ..After Selzini gets his iPod with his music transferred, ... he will find that all his music is in the "cloud"! So getting an iphone will make it even BETTER because he will have his music AND APPs working in his new Q50!! ... Then .. before you know it, he will use the camera on the iPhone to shoot us some pictures! (Who needs a digital camera anyway! ;) :D)
Always a wiseass around.
Seriously, it sounds like you're telling me that I'd have to have my phone on all the time when listening to music. That's not going to happen! I've had this cell phone for about three years, and have used it maybe five times. It's always off, except when I do have to use it - costs me less than $13 a month, including taxes and fees. I view it as an insurance policy. I won't upgrade my plan just to listen to music in the car. I assume that once I have things downloaded to the iPod, I'll be able to have it plugged into the Bose system, and have the same clarity as what I hear on the CDs. If not, I'm screwed.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Always a wiseass around.
Seriously, it sounds like you're telling me that I'd have to have my phone on all the time when listening to music. That's not going to happen! I've had this cell phone for about three years, and have used it maybe five times. It's always off, except when I do have to use it - costs me less than $13 a month, including taxes and fees. I view it as an insurance policy. I won't upgrade my plan just to listen to music in the car. I assume that once I have things downloaded to the iPod, I'll be able to have it plugged into the Bose system, and have the same clarity as what I hear on the CDs. If not, I'm screwed.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure you will have VERY good sound quality with the music on Bose system!

:) EASY, Cowboy! I didn't mean to tell you what to do at all! (I actually almost added this line at the end of the post! probably should've. lol :cool: ) Was just having a little fun following ichick's trend, (No, definitely not blaming her either), especially when I remember about your previous comment on digital pic. Just couldn't resist to link the "potentials". .. Sorry! :D

I was advised more than once by some friends, "Appreciate your car as what it's meant to be, a car, not your laptop or cellular phone!" which actually makes some good point! :rolleyes: In this modern/tech world, we often forget that....

Well, but I will still enjoy all the COOL tech feature, besides appreciate it as a car!! :D

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Yeah, I'm pretty sure you will have VERY good sound quality with the music on Bose system!

:) EASY, Cowboy! I didn't mean to tell you what to do at all! (I actually almost added this line at the end of the post! probably should've. lol :cool: ) Was just having a little fun following ichick's trend, (No, definitely not blaming her either), especially when I remember about your previous comment on digital pic. Just couldn't resist to link the "potentials". .. Sorry! :D

I was advised more than once by some friends, "Appreciate your car as what it's meant to be, a car, not your laptop or cellular phone!" which actually makes some good point! :rolleyes: In this modern/tech world, we often forget that....

Well, but I will still enjoy all the COOL tech feature, besides appreciate it as a car!! :D
Hey, I wasn't upset - just playing with you. I realize that I'm out of touch with a lot of the technology, and it only sometimes gets to me. As long as I can enjoy the car, and be able to listen to the CDs when I want, that's all that matters. Of course, if you REALLY want to know what I think of the overdone technology........:D

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
Selzini, there are services that will copy your CD's and vinyl over to your iPod for you. Do a quick search on the internet then look local if you aren't comfortable shipping them.

Make sure you transfer over the CDs in a decent bit rate quality (compression to shrink the size of the audio files from CD quality to just below). There's a balance between saving space and audio quality and if you go too low on the bitrate you will likely hear some fidelity loss if you have a good ear.

Oh, and I'd like to see what the salesperson says when you tell him you have 100 CDs to copy. Most likely he'll show you how to do it and rip one or two of them for you and then he'll be gonzo!! ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Wow! High noon your thread totally got jacked. I will tell you that there is no better dealership than Sewell. I am Cadillac guy and we have 2 Cadillacs. Sewell has treated me like family and never BS me. You can get your G50 washed for free at Sewell anytime you want and they will always give you a loaner, even for oil changes. So you made a wise choice. I am looking at a Q50 to replace my 2008 CTS premium. Thank goodness Sewell sells Infinity.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Wow! High noon your thread totally got jacked. I will tell you that there is no better dealership than Sewell. I am Cadillac guy and we have 2 Cadillacs. Sewell has treated me like family and never BS me. You can get your G50 washed for free at Sewell anytime you want and they will always give you a loaner, even for oil changes. So you made a wise choice. I am looking at a Q50 to replace my 2008 CTS premium. Thank goodness Sewell sells Infinity.
Haha yea I did get threadjacked a bit :)

Thanks for the recommendation, makes me feel good about my choice. I originally chose them over Crest or Grubbs because of some co-worker recommendations.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.