Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How long do you think before Infiniti releases another update? Maybe 10 days?

Engineers have been driving these cars for months and surely the system wasn't locking up daily. I can only imagine that Infiniti corporate from the top all the way down is furious at the fact that every new car is likely locking up within days or hours of customers taking them home.

BTW: I'm not a troll. Long time Nissan/Infiniti fan. Current car is 12 G37S Sedan, will replace with Q50S Hybrid RWD.

Mike S.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Who knows! ... It's like getting a new smartphone on release day. There will be quirks and issues but will get updated over time. Cars these days have so much new tech this is about the only way you can look at it and expect it with any car to a certain extent. The whole industry is heading this way.

Keep in mind this is the first car that has had inTouch so there is not much real world experience so issues are bound to show up quickly from users. Cadillac's Cue has issues and even Lexus has their issues too.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
This is another reason I said months ago that Infiniti should have looked to people on this forum to do some real world testing on the cars. I would have happily signed a NDA and found these issues out before they released the general public. They could have easily picked out a dozen of us to do this and given us a small discount on the car few thousand dollars) and they could have avoided some of this. Oh well.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Who knows! ... It's like getting a new smartphone on release day. There will be quirks and issues but will get updated over time. Cars these days have so much new tech this is about the only way you can look at it and expect it with any car to a certain extent. The whole industry is heading this way.

Keep in mind this is the first car that has had inTouch so there is not much real world experience so issues are bound to show up quickly from users. Cadillac's Cue has issues and even Lexus has their issues too.
I though I saw the latest model of the Acura line that had a two screen design similar to the Q50, however, their price start at 42k and fully loaded goes all the way to 61K, does anyone here have driven and tested that car?

·
Registered
298 Posts
This is another reason I said months ago that Infiniti should have looked to people on this forum to do some real world testing on the cars. I would have happily signed a NDA and found these issues out before they released the general public. They could have easily picked out a dozen of us to do this and given us a small discount on the car few thousand dollars) and they could have avoided some of this. Oh well.
I don't think it would help. Somebody need to process bug reports and make changes in software. Those changes should be tested on real hardware. You can do few cycles for 4-5 months: development->testing->feedback->changes. But it's not enough to rid of all bugs.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I though I saw the latest model of the Acura line that had a two screen design similar to the Q50, however, their price start at 42k and fully loaded goes all the way to 61K, does anyone here have driven and tested that car?
RLX starts at $48k. Styling is bland and doubt it handles very well. It was never a consideration for me.

·
Registered
216 Posts
RLX actually handles decently with the P-AWS system and will handle very well once the AWD version comes out. However, I agree that it is bland and the price is way high. I'm currently driving a 2012 TL SH-AWD Advance. Getting an RLX with the same equipment will be pushing $70k! That's just nuts; for that money, I could be in a loaded 535 or possibly even a 550. Not sure what they are thinking there. Disappointing, as I wanted that car to be awesome.

I did play with their new system in the Acura. Similar to what I have in my TL, but oddly it seemed slower. The InTouch system definitely has more features.

Q50 is on my short list (pretty much the Q50 and the 535, although if I wait long enough may check out the new CTS). Wish the RLX was more compelling or they had a new TL/TLX, as I've had great experiences with my Acuras.

Hoping these glitches with the the Infiniti system are quickly resolved and expect that they will be. It is definitely leaps and bounds ahead of the prior Inifiniti systems, as I had previously shopped the Gs and the Navi interface, etc were key reasons why I went with Acura.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Acura must be crazy for asking that price, I purchased a well loaded 2012 535i for 56K DO price, and I would venture to say that this is much better car than the Acura .......that is simply nuts.......even the top of the line Q50 will be much cheaper than the Acura and as far as looks, Q50 is in a different league, Acura looks very boring and outdated

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.