Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Infiniti Boss Confirms 2 Door Version Of New Q50, But BMW M3 Killer Remains A Long Way Off

Infiniti is rushing to expand its product portfolio, according to the brand’s global boss, Johan de Nysschen.

Following a discussion about Infiniti’s plans to increase its global footprint and brand awareness, de Nysschen outlined to CarAdvice how the company is assessing its product expansion priorities.

The Q60 – a two-door coupe derivative of the Q50 sedan shown at the Detroit auto show – is expected in 2015/16 according to de Nysschen, but potentially not before the release of other models that would fill higher-volume segments – read, SUVs.

“I think the coupe is an important part of the platform,” de Nysschen said. “Most certainly we are working right now on a coupe derivative of the car [Q50] … known at the Q60.

“But, you know, there are a lot of priorities for us.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
I can't wait to see what the new coupe is going to look like. If the Q50 is indicative of what's next to come, I'm really looking forward to it.

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
I always dream of an Infiniti halo car that uses the GTR chassis and drivetrain but with a Lexus designed sleek supercar exterior and interior. We all know the GTR is big and bulky. Imagine a sleeker sexier looking GTR with a interior that doesn't disappoint.

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
they can always use the same platform as the GTR but just have a sleeker and more luxury shell. This has me thinking about the rumors about the IPL versions of the Infiniti Q50 and Q60. Maybe they are gonna use that engine. Its a good possibility otherwise how are they gonna achieve 500+ horsepower they mentioned with just a regular v6 without turbo.

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Look what i found even though its the older gtr engine some one made it work in a Infiniti g37 coupe. they are still working out some kinks and needs to be tuned but if these guys can do why can Nissan/Infiniti do something liek this for the new q60 coupe.

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
What is the point? Why would they put an old Nissan motor into a new car? Those old Nissan motors are legendary in their time and today stand to be interesting with their ability to create lots of power... But they are out of place on a Infiniti.

Nissan ditched inline 6 a long time ago. Even BMW is moving over the V6s and V8s. They are simply more compact vs an inline 6 and def an inline 8.

If they were to ever create a M3 killer it would likely be some version of a GTR twin turbo V6 or a higher powered VQ V6.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts