Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
I appreciate the input, that was my thought. I cant take a $25k risk on something like that. Car was perfect otherwise. I saw it back on Carvana and someone else has already bought it since I cancelled

Good that you cancelled, not worth your time worrying on something you never knew the background. And for 25k you should be able to get a more recent model, that is if you like 3.0t engine (premium or luxe trim at least).

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
The dealerships want you to buy from them. They make money selling and servicing cars. "Probably had sludge in the motor lack of maintenance" load of crap IMHO. Infiniti maintenance.. as we have seen they pour oil on your motor, over or under fill etc. I trust the shop that does my work 100x more than the dealership. I trust the Nissan more for some reason. Probably because they want me to buy a Z. (I'd get a GTR b4 a Z).

This sludge BS was pulled on a forum member here and he had the shop receipts to prove he changed his oil. To me it is seeming that lingo is boiler plate BS from comand central.

It worked .. they got you to not buy the car. The warentee still covers water pumps, transmission, differential, electronics (my big fear), power windows, seats..etc. The whole motor? How can they say a seal leaking or AC pump is from not changing the oil? It does not have turbos ... Just saying.
But you need to sleep at night so do what makes you comfortable.

Plenty of 2015's out there. A good choice. So are the G37 Sports. Gad, find a 2012 G37IPL with a standard. Lighter, better build quality, outstanding OEM exhaust too. Even the automatic is not bad. It had the GOOD paddle shifters.

It's not a conspiracy...Infiniti corporate doesn't care where I buy a used car so I think there is no way you could say that "they" got me to not buy the car...IF a VQ runs dry or low on oil it gets damaged, If the oil change intervals were 10K+ miles in between then that's an issue. Did you look at the carfax? I called infiniti and the only had record of 2 oil changes + a recall. That's it....

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
I appreciate the input, that was my thought. I cant take a $25k risk on something like that. Car was perfect otherwise. I saw it back on Carvana and someone else has already bought it since I cancelled
No need to stress it sir, another will come along in that price range and 25K is a lot of money to throw down and you shouldn't take the risk on that if you can't afford it.

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
30K miles and 2 documented changes. So at the minimum = 10k miles per each oil fill, WORST CASE. In the VQ motor even thats NBD. If only one oil change was made at a Vavoline shop, or the like, that would be 7500 mile interval and that is just fine for a NA motor.

But, its about his comfort level. That's what counts.

I have never had Infiniti change my oil. It's a horrid 4.5 hour round trip for me. Most anal folks here don't have the dealership do oil changes anyway as they do a better job themselves, or have a shop they trust do it.

None of my maintenance books are filled out. I keep a mileage log, and keep all my receipts. Infiniti's statement was "a receipt does not prove the oil was actually changed, only that you were charged for it". Long thread about that nonsense here a while back.

By canceling his order he feels better, that's all that really matters.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
30K miles and 2 documented changes. So at the minimum = 10k miles per each oil fill, WORST CASE. In the VQ motor even thats NBD. If only one oil change was made at a Vavoline shop, or the like, that would be 7500 mile interval and that is just fine for a NA motor.

I have never had Infiniti change my oil. It's a horrid 4.5 hour round trip for me. Most anal folks here don't have the dealership do oil changes anyway as they do a better job themselves, or have a shop they trust do it.

None of my maintenance books are filled out. I keep a mileage log, and keep all my receipts. Infiniti's statement was "a receipt does not prove the oil was actually changed, only that you were charged for it". Long thread about that nonsense here a while back.

Well in fairness the change interval for the VQ37 was 7.5K* miles if I recall from the Service Manual . Although I agree the VQ37 is a hardy motor and NA.
That said I drive my cars pretty hard so seasonal oil changes for me!

Edit: Correction was 5K.

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Huh? What? You need to do maintenance on a leased car? I thought that was the point of a lease. Just pay the monthly fee, drive it then turn it in. /s

·
Registered
1,361 Posts

3.7 is 5K no?

·
Registered
3,695 Posts

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Update:

I cancelled the 2015 sport with the VOIDED engine warranty.

I came across a local trade-in, 2015 Q50 premium AWD with ~50k miles, black on black, nav, etc. and negotiated and got it for 17,500 OTD (including my trade-in @$2k). I did give them my old G35 sedan which was in fair condition so I got $2k back from that. They are also having a body shop fix a scratch on the car + having the infiniti 60k mile service done. Overall, I feel like I did pretty well, still have enough warranty to have Infiniti fix a few things like the peeling chrome on the interior window switches. (I heard that the dealer will replace these under warranty.)

·
Registered
384 Posts
Update:

I cancelled the 2015 sport with the VOIDED engine warranty.

I came across a local trade-in, 2015 Q50 premium AWD with ~50k miles, black on black, nav, etc. and negotiated and got it for 17,500 OTD (including my trade-in @$2k). I did give them my old G35 sedan which was in fair condition so I got $2k back from that. They are also having a body shop fix a scratch on the car + having the infiniti 60k mile service done. Overall, I feel like I did pretty well, still have enough warranty to have Infiniti fix a few things like the peeling chrome on the interior window switches. (I heard that the dealer will replace these under warranty.)
Congrats. It all worked out well for you.

For your warranty question, that would fall under the 4-year/60,000-mile(whichever is first). So it all depends on what the In Service Date of that vehicle and when the warranty started. Your under the 60K mile but you might be over your 4 year one already by a few months. You can call a Infiniti dealer service dept and find out when your warranty started to know if you can bring it in for that or not.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Sounds like the usual Infiniti garbage customer service.
Nah that's pretty common across most brands if you don't track the oil changes and regular services,
previous owner probably did all the oil changes themselves and this is the result.

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Congrats. It all worked out well for you.

For your warranty question, that would fall under the 4-year/60,000-mile(whichever is first). So it all depends on what the In Service Date of that vehicle and when the warranty started. Your under the 60K mile but you might be over your 4 year one already by a few months. You can call a Infiniti dealer service dept and find out when your warranty started to know if you can bring it in for that or not.

Thank you, Thanks for answering my tire size questions this morning too. Here is the info pulling on carfax for warranty info. I'll check on that too.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts