Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just downloaded the app to my iPhone today, but haven't had a chance to test the various features (lock/unlock, valet mode, drive zone, etc.) yet. Has anyone else given it a try?

So far, there are no reviews on the iOS App Store, and only a few on Google Play (currently at 2 1/2 stars).

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I download it last night. Haven't really test it yet. Doesn't seem like you can do much with it.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Meh, it's ok. Nothing that will convince me to buy the $179-$399 package once the trial is up next year.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
I can't justify spending that money either, especially when I had all these features and more from Viper in my TL (including the ability to remote start my car) and I paid $99 per car for a 3 year subscription. They need to revisit their pricing schema, they're not going to get a lot of people signing up for it at that price.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Plus its based on AT&T 2G Technology

Not the cutting edge. AT&T has already announced it will decommission the 2G system by 2016.

So, even if you wanted to continue the service, its shelf life is limited.

Any upgrade would be your cost to install the hardware.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Design-wise, the app kinda sucks. It's also slow, and sometimes it can take a few minutes before the lock or unlock is sent to the car. Definitely will not be renewing after the trial unless major improvements are made.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Sending the lock and unlock signal will be slow since its done over 2G. When I have my Viper setup in my TL, it was about the same speed. Its meant for convenience more than anything else. I wouldn't use it daily to open my car.

I have to agree though that the app sucks. It could have been written better. They should look at the layout for the Viper Smart Start and make something along the lines of that. It's way more user friendly.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
If you think that Infiniti Connection is just the app on the phone, you're very mistaken. Have you called your Infiniti Personal Assistant from the car? Asked them to make you dinner reservations and send the address of the restaurant to the car? Had them look up something to answer a question? Maybe asked them to do a little quick research on the CEO you're on the way to meet with - and read you the results plus send you an email with the links. How about logging onto Google maps and sending destinations to your car? Or syncing up your calendar from iCal or Google Calendar to your car so that all your appointments show up and you can navigate to their destinations?

Infiniti Connection is a ton more than remotely locking / unlocking your car. If your salesperson couldn't explain all this, you need a new salesperson. And if they let you leave the dealership in your new Q50 without setting up Infiniti Connection, they did you a huge disservice.

Not everyone is going to renew the service - but those that make at least a little use of it really love it.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Sending the lock and unlock signal will be slow since its done over 2G. When I have my Viper setup in my TL, it was about the same speed. Its meant for convenience more than anything else. I wouldn't use it daily to open my car.
Do you think it pulls the commands from server or server sends SMS to the car's SIM card?

I have to agree though that the app sucks. It could have been written better. They should look at the layout for the Viper Smart Start and make something along the lines of that. It's way more user friendly.

App looks like set of mobile web pages. Word design can't be applied to it at all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.