Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
The Infiniti Connection app does work. I believe it worked since the car was released. This is the app that lets you set notifications for the car as well as lock and unlock the car from your smartphone. It uses your phone's data plan, and I you get a free 1 year subscription. There are two different plans as shown below:

Infiniti Connection™
$179 per year after trial
Features include:
Automatic Collision Notification
Emergency Call
Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Report Stolen Vehicle
Alarm Notification
My Schedule (Google Calendar)
Scheduled Maintenance Notification
Remote Door Lock/Unlock
Maintenance Alert

Infiniti Connection™ Plus
$308 per year after trial
Features include:
Includes all Infiniti Connection™ features
Infiniti Personal Assistant®
Destination Send-to-Car
Destination Assistance
Connected Search
Drive Zone Alert
Max Speed Alert
Valet Alert

·
Registered
5 Posts
So I picked up my new Q50 last week (love it!) and am hoping someone can give me a quick tutorial on how to use the Infiniti Connection app. Am I right in that you can send things like weather, news, directions, etc to your car from your hh device (in my case an iPad)? I can only seem to figure out how to have things sent to my email or phone via text or call through the app. Am I missing something? Using it under the current trial version only and not the IC Plus... is that possibly the issue?

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
Your sales rep should give you a tutorial on how to use Infiniti Connection. Seriously. That's our freakin job. If they won't/can't/didn't do it, they don't deserve good scores on their survey (unless you refused to let them do a real delivery - in which case you get what you asked for).

The only car equipped with IC that I've let leave the dealership w/out making sure it was connected and working was a Q50 I delivered a couple days ago. It is a birthday present for a kid (yeah, I know), and we've scheduled for him to come in next week after parents give it to him so I can show him everything and set up IC and IPA in his name, rather than theirs.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bought my Q50 last week. This is my second Infiniti and I am enjoying it, just as I did with the first one. But after more than an hour on the telephone with Infiniti tech support (questionable) trying to set up the "Scheduling" feature, I learned that the feature will only display those appointments that are within a 24 hour period. That is to say, if you have scheduled an appointment on your iPhone, iPad, computer or similar device the only appointments that will be "announced". Your schedules will be read to you by a female voice. They are read in "time" order. The schedule is not displayed in a text format. There is no way to "view" events that are further in the future, say a week or two weeks from now.

But hold on, I have been told by tech support that help is on the way, in the form of an update to "Scheduling". They say that the new update will be able to display a complete monthly calendar. Support could not know when the update would released.

Is there anyone that can confirm this software update rumor?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.